University of Rochester On-Call Spanish Interpreter in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 006 Interpreter Services
The On-Call/TAR Spanish Language Interpreter provides interpreting services for all clinical and professional University of Rochester Medical Center staff, patients and family members/significant others who are with the patient. All On-Call staff must offer at least 14 hours per month to the Lead for Spanish Interpreters for overnight on-call coverage.
When the minimum On-Call requirement is met, scheduled work may be taken as per hospital needs and at the discretion of the Interpreter and the department Lead Scheduler. There is no requirement for the On-Call interpreter to work a minimum number of scheduled hours.
Completes scheduled training and other required staff activities.
- Yearly mandatory online policy and procedure training
- Yearly health updates
- Attends TAR/On-Call staff meetings
- Other training/activities as necessary
Completes all paperwork and administrative duties.
- eRecords completed at the end of each patient interaction
- On-Call Interpreter log book
- Monthly On-Call preference calendar
- Yearly certification updates (if applicable)
- Professional development transcript
- Other paperwork as necessary
Performs clinical duties.
- During On-Call shifts, interpreter carries a pager assigned by the hospital responding to all pages immediately.
- Interpreter interprets all assignments, whether prescheduled or On-Call, in a timely and professional manner in accordance with hospital policy.
Two years of post high school education or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The bilingual interpreter must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking both English and the target language. Experience in a health care setting preferred.
Certification by a National Interpreter Organization (IMIA, CCHI, NCIHC, ATA, NBCMI) is preferred. Experience interpreting in a health care setting is required. Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: On-Call Spanish Interpreter
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 204373
Full/Part Time: TAR