University of Rochester Occupational Therapist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Psychiatry SMH Addiction Psych
8 AM-4:30 PM; WKENDS AS NEEDED
Vocational Specialist is the member of the multidisciplinary team who assumes primary responsibility for developing and implementing psychiatric rehabilitation goals with recipients that are geared toward employment and/or educational experiences. These goals are integrated into the recipient’s overall treatment and rehabilitation plan. The Vocational Specialist also conducts vocational assessments and provides hands-on, direct training to recipients when needed; job coaching; job development; advocacy; and on-the-job performance assessments and evaluations.
Under general supervision and with latitude for independent judgment:
- Evaluates the patients’ functional abilities and disabilities by tests, observations and from information provided by family members, physician, nursing staff and the like.
- Ongoing assessment of the individual's progress toward recovery, functional skill and impairment levels by engaging the individual in an active, person-centered manner and partnership. Discuss and review selected PSR interventions and periodically assess their effectiveness in achieving goals.
- Rehabilitation support, recovery oriented activities, in an individual or group setting, interventions and skill development necessary for the individual to improve self-management of and reduce relapse to substance use, the negative effects of psychiatric , or emotional symptoms, that interfere with a person's dailylivingskillsthatarecriticaltoremaininginhome, school,work,andcommunity.
- Working relations with vocationally oriented agencies and prospective employers.
- Ability to create a vocational education curriculum in line with the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic Scope of Services.
- Maintains required patient and department records using approved electronic health records. Purchases supplies and equipment as needed and maintains in good functional order.
- Keepscurrentinthefieldbyreading,attendingprofessionalmeetingsandseminarsandthelike.Participates in individual and group supervision, and treatment team meetings.
Bachelor's degree with major course work in mental health counseling or occupational rehabilitation, master’s preferred. Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) is an individual certified with a national Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) designation by The Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) that sets the standard for quality rehabilitation counseling services in the United States and Canada. Prefer experience working with SMI and SUD individuals in a vocationally-oriented setting. Experience with youth and adults preferred. Requires a valid NYS driver's license with clean driving record.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202694
Full/Part Time: Full-Time