University of Rochester Nurse Practitioner in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 044 Center for Community Health
8 AM-4:30 PM
The Center for Community Health is seeking a Nurse Practitioner with a strong interest in the prevention of chronic diseases.
NP will provide outpatient care under the direction of Geoffrey Williams MD, PhD. The clinical work will have an emphasis on evaluating and treating patients and worksite wellness participants to enhance their motivation to reduce risk from cardiometabolic, cancer, and respiratory diseases (hypertension, lipid abnormalities, metabolic syndrome, prediabetes, COPD, diabetes, obesity and tobacco dependence) and treating patients with those chronic diseases.
Primary office location is at the Center for Community Health, however, patients are seen at other URMC locations and by telehealth.
- Provide patient care consistent with the scope of privileges defined by the Healthy Living Center (HLC) within the Center for Community Health, written practice protocols, applicable State and Federal laws and regulations; health care insurances (including obtaining prior authorizations for medications and medical testing) and in a manner consistent with the tenets of Self-Determination Theory and in collaboration with other HLC team members. Per policies and protocols, obtain patient history accurately using patient interviews and perform physical examination using established physical assessment skills.Reevaluate patients at each visit. Instructs and counsels the patient and families in collaboration with other health team members.
- Write progress notes in accordance with URMC procedures. Evaluate patient's health status and initiate appropriate therapy in accordance with HLC procedures and under the direction of Dr. Williams.Consult Dr. Williams for difficult problems.Request consults and ancillary services at the request of Dr. Williams or other HLC faculty/staff and documents in the patient's medical records.
- Write medication and other medical orders.Use patient-centered counseling approaches and lifestyle change interventions with patients and families in collaboration with other HLC team members.Document pertinent findings in patient record.
- Identify and participate in research and quality assurance activities. Maintain participant/patient confidentiality and follows applicable HIPAA/RSRB requirements. Participates in weekly clinical team meetings for professional development and case reviews.Serve as consultant to other members of the HLC as part of an interdisciplinary approach to patient care
- Participate as a member of the training team that facilitates workshops on the integration of the tenets of Self-Determination Theory into clinical practice.
Adult Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner; Master's degree in nursing and ANCC national certification required. 3-5 years of nursing experience with at least 2 years of advanced practice nursing required. Must demonstrate excellent clinical competence, good interpersonal and teaching skills and the desire to learn.
Training will be provided to master the motivation and pharmaceutical based interventions for tobacco dependence, advanced cholesterol management, weight loss, and diabetes prevention. The NP will be encouraged to obtain his/her lipids boards. NP will see patients for diabetes prevention and weight loss and could become bariatric certified.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 201419
Full/Part Time: Full-Time