University of Rochester Nurse Anesthetist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Anesthesiology CRNAs
To provide anesthesia services to patients of all ages at Strong Memorial Hospital under the medical direction of members of the faculty of the Department of Anesthesiology of the University of Rochester Medical Center.
In keeping with the mission and values of both the Department of Anesthesiology and Strong Memorial Hospital, all employees are responsible for care and services that reflect and demonstrate our mission and core values.
Job Specific Duties:
- Conducts and maintains the anesthetic.
- Administers/induces anesthesia.
- Completes and documents pre-anesthesia patient assessment.
- Selects appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Appropriately and effectively administers pharmacological agents.
- Terminates the anesthetic and emerges the patient from anesthesia.
- Evaluates the attainment of anesthesia care goals.
- Completes departmental documentation and post anesthesia rounds.
- Assists with various procedures.
Educational Background and Requirements:
Education/Experience (minimum required):
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Graduation from a school for nurse anesthesia accredited by the Council on Accreditation of the American association of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Current New York State Registered Nurse’s License.
- Maintenance of current recertification requirements of the Council on Accreditation of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Maintains at least 40 hours of continuing education every two years.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Nurse Anesthetist
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 201528
Full/Part Time: Full-Time