University of Rochester Medical Technologist II in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 094 Microbiology SMH
DAY SHIFT; ROT WKENDS/HOL
The Technologist is responsible for timely and accurate test analysis using moderate and high complexity methods and/or instrumentation. The Technologist needs to be detail-oriented, show the ability to think and work independently because of the complexities of our methods. Exercises excellent judgment, utilizes problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Must be flexible, able to work in a team environment and strives to be an ICARE champion.
- Analyzes patient samples using moderate and high complexity methods and/or instrumentation including molecular, tissue culture and EIA techniques.
- Adheres to quality control, quality assurance protocols and all laboratory policies.
- Reports results of patient sample analysis using computer/instrument interface options or manual entry.
- Prepares samples needed for analysis which includes centrifugation, aliquoting and labeling.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of reagents and supplies.
- Participates in training of other technologists, residents and students.
- Assists other technologists with questions or excess work.
- Performs instrument preventative maintenance as scheduled or needed.
- Performs method/instrument troubleshooting as needed.
- Performs extra duties when necessary as designated by the supervisor.
- Effective interpersonal skills, and maintains a friendly and courteous professional manner at all times.
- Is able to prioritize and maintain focus while performing multiple tasks.
- Adherence to all University, Division and Department policies, including I CARE.
- Adherence to all laboratory safety procedures.
B.S. degree in Medical Technology with one-year clinical laboratory internship. B.S. degree in a related discipline (Microbiology, Biology) and one year of relevant clinical laboratory experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience as described in the Clinical Laboratories Hiring and Promotion Practices.
NYS licensed or eligible for NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure.
Prefer BS in Medical Technology or related science with clinical laboratory experience and NYS license in the Clinical Laboratory Technologist category.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Medical Technologist II
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201287
Full/Part Time: Full-Time