University of Rochester Medical Technologist II in Rochester, New York
Part Time 24 hours Grade 094 Automated Lab
HOURS TO BE DETERMINED; WILL TRAIN ON DAYS; ROT WKENDS/HOL
POSITION IS LOCATED AT STRONG WEST.
The Technologist is responsible for the timely and accurate test analysis using moderately complex methods and/or instrumentation. Reporting results for patient samples is often interpretive in nature. He/She is also responsible for instrument maintenance/standardization, daily quality control and adherence to all laboratory policies.
- Analyzes patient samples using current, moderately complex laboratory methods/instrumentation.
- Adheres to quality control and quality assurance protocols.
- Reports results of patient sample analysis using computer/instrument interface options.
- Performs the duties of a Clinical Technologist III or II as needed.
- Answers telephone inquiries.
- Participates in the training of other technologists, technicians and/or residents.
- Performs instrument preventative maintenance as scheduled or needed.
- Performs method/instrument troubleshooting as needed
BS in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology plus at least 1 year of relevant clinical laboratory experience; or AAS with a total of 90 credit hours (per NYS distribution requirements) and at least 1 year of relevant clinical laboratory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be NYS Licensed or eligible for NYS licensure.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Medical Technologist II
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202017
Full/Part Time: Part-Time