University of Rochester Medical Technologist II in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 094 Automated Lab
The Technologist is responsible for the timely and accurate test analysis using moderately complex methods and/or instrumentation. Reporting results for patient samples is often interpretive in nature. He/She is also responsible for instrument maintenance/standardization, daily quality control and adherence to all laboratory policies.
- Analyzes patient samples using current, moderately complex laboratory methods/instrumentation.
- Adheres to quality control and quality assurance protocols.
- Reports results of patient sample analysis using computer/instrument interface options.
- Performs the duties of a Clinical Technologist III or II as needed.
- Answers telephone inquiries.
- Participates in the training of other technologists, technicians and/or residents.
- Performs instrument preventative maintenance as scheduled or needed.
- Performs method/instrument troubleshooting as needed
BS in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology plus at least 1 year of relevant clinical laboratory experience; or AAS with a total of 90 credit hours (per NYS distribution requirements) and at least 1 year of relevant clinical laboratory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be NYS Licensed or eligible for NYS licensure.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Medical Technologist II
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202557
Full/Part Time: Full-Time