University of Rochester Medical Asst I, Primary Care in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 090 Arcadia Family Practice
Nonexempt position responsible for providing support to clerical and clinical staff in a positive and professional manner. Occasional evening and weekend work is possible.
- Verify demographics/insurance coverage.
- Collect patient payments and issue receipts properly logging the information.
- Collect waivers.
- Generate patient encounter forms.
- Communicate effectively through electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Promptly and courteously respond to incoming phone traffic on multi-line phones through appropriate screening, routing and prioritization of calls.
- Establish and maintain professional interpersonal interactions with patients, families, physicians, supervisors and coworkers.
- Maintain knowledge of practice operations and procedures with the ability to effectively answer questions and offer direction to patients.
- Maintain patient confidentiality by adhering to HIPPA regulations.
- Send and receive patient records according to established policies.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Fax, copy and email documents.
- Work as an effective, cooperative team member.
- Escort patients to examination rooms.
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Set up for anticipated provider procedures and examinations.
- Perform screenings and tests per provider direction.
- Set-up equipment and instruments per office protocol.
- Clean and maintain exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Return patient calls per direction of provider.
- Perform quality assurance and CLIA waived testing as directed.
- Comply with standard HIPAA, OSHA and JCAHO regulations.
- Ensure accurate coding and billing of patient visits.
- Follow-up on missed appointments and cancellations as directed.
Associates Degree in Medical Assisting or successful completion and certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program; or a minimum of two years of recent experience working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and/or documented evidence of externship completed in a medical office (outpatient care preferred). Experience with electrocardiogram (EKG), vital signs, and venipuncture. MA certification, CPR/AED certification.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Medical Asst I, Primary Care
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 201340
Full/Part Time: Full-Time