University of Rochester Marketing Specialist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 Marketing Med Ctr
8 AM-5 PM
Responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of marketing strategies and tactics that sustain and strengthen UR Medicine Wilmot Cancer Institute. Working with Marketing Managers and management staff, the Marketing Specialist provides comprehensive support and assistance with day-to-day activities, exercising independent judgment and creativity. The Specialist will provide project support for the Marketing Manager, Wilmot divisions and departments and others as requested. Essential to the job are strong interpersonal, project management, writing organizational, and communication skills.
- Supports marketing strategy, brand development, business development, and Internet strategy through implementation of tactical initiatives.
- Consistently and effectively implements clinical marketing plans within the context of established marketing strategies, as well as operational, financial, and strategic objectives.
- With direction from Marketing Managers, provides project management and establishes evaluative criteria for monitoring the effects of marketing and related communications in order to help assure the desired results and its appropriate tracking.
- Works collaboratively with Marketing Department colleagues and clinical staff, as well as Public Relations, Development, Department Chiefs and Chairs, Senior Leadership, and other administrative personnel.
- Recommends and implements projects that fall within service line budgets.
- Assists in designing, planning, and budgeting for promotional and marketing strategies and initiatives on behalf of assigned internal clients while working with Department and Division Chiefs and Chairs.
- Work with internal and external resources, as appropriate, to help develop marketing materials, including advertising agencies, design consultants, and printers.Work with agencies or media buyers to help develop advertising placement plans; develop and manage plans internally when possible and appropriate.
- Draft, edit, and/or proofread copy for a variety purposes (e.g., announcements, posters, letters, invitations, brochure copy, advertisements, web pages, etc.)
- Design advertising and collateral material while maintaining consistency with brand or sub-branding guidelines.
- Support the marketing priorities of UR Medicine.
- Employ project management techniques to achieve project completion on schedule and on budget.
- Track activities and expenditures in Project Tracking.
- Conduct competitive assessments and benchmarking initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including special project support (e.g., telephone book advertising, physician directory, etc.)
- Manage production of printed material and nurture vendor relations to achieve timely, cost-effective outcomes.
- Review and authorize proof sheets, or circulate for approval, depending on the project.
- Research and secure mailing lists for direct mail campaigns and manage distribution using internal or external mail-house resources.
- Coordinate the submission of advertisements to media outlets, in concert with media strategy.
- Provide advertising, marketing, and logistical support for special events and community outreach projects (open houses, consumer and/or physician events, health fairs, public lectures and screenings, and other community outreach activities), collaborating with community outreach coordinators, the Access Center and other internal or external resources, as necessary.
- Represent UR Medicine in the development of other mutually beneficial promotional opportunities and relationships with each category of customers our health system.
- Daily contact with Marketing Manager to provide updates and solicit ongoing ideas for programmatic growth.
- Regular and frequent contact with clinical and administrative “clients,” as appropriate.
- Frequent contact with UR Medicine Public Relations and Development personnel.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree with one to three years’ experience in marketing, sales or public relations or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Three years of agency experience strongly preferred.
Must understand and be knowledgeable of marketing principles and practices, including message development, advertising, media, community outreach and publicity vehicles and must have experience in layout and graphic design, writing, media planning, and print production. Demonstrated competence in project management and account management, strong communications, and organizational and computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, etc.) are also strongly preferred. Must be a team player, self-motivated, and able to juggle multiple priorities. Must be able to work with clients across all levels of the organization.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 202642
Full/Part Time: Full-Time