University of Rochester Manager, Outpatient Operations in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Patient Accounts
*General Purpose: *
The Manager of Outpatient Operations provides high-level coordination and administrative support of the operations of the outpatient Patient Accounts office. The Manager of Outpatient Operations collaborates and interfaces with hospital outpatient departments regarding new service areas, and acts as an advisor for hospital-related billing processes for established departments. The manager supports new projects to assure that the operations of the high-volume outpatient area are addressed and operationally supported to streamline processes and reimbursement of hospital services. The manager acts as the primary liaison for insurance outsourcing agencies for the Patient Accounts Office.
Under general direction of the Manager of Ambulatory Receivables, and with significant latitude for independent judgment:
- The Manager of Outpatient Operations is responsible for monitoring any unbilled outpatient accounts, and works with the various supervisors to address any Patient Accounts issues. Additionally, the Manager monitors hold and edits within the responsibility of outside departments, and acts as the liaison for assuring that unbilled accounts are worked timely, and providing any needed direction on resources to resolve the hold or edit.
- Acts as a departmental liaison to hospital outpatient departments to assure that new services and/or locations are set up appropriately; attends meetings to represent the Patient Accounts Office and billing interests for new services; provides information to the Manager of Enrollment of any needed changes.
- Acts as the primary contact for Outsourcing agencies for insurance billing services. Maintains a positive and interactive communication with all Outsourcing agencies to assure that hospital interests remain the priority of the relationship. The Manager of Outpatient Operations will design, review, and monitor the process of transferring accounts between the hospital and the agencies, including the monitoring of results, and advises the Manager of Ambulatory Receivables of any deficiencies in performance.
- Manages all Human Resource related functions for the position of Manager of Hospital Enrollment, including recruitment and performance assessments.
- Design and develop monthly reporting tools regarding areas of responsibility including outsourcing agencies, unbilled activity, and new departments or service. Present project updates and progress monthly at the A/R meeting to department leadership.
- Maintains the Billing Matrix to provide documentation of billing operations and workflows between the hospital and the Medical Facility Group (MFG) office.
- Strong project management and operational coordination required.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with attention to detail; able to multi-task.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for and ability to work in a professional services environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Care Administration or related discipline
- At least 3 years of significant, relevant experience with at least 1 year of management experience in a hospital billing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Manager, Outpatient Operations
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202590
Full/Part Time: Full-Time