University of Rochester Manager of Investment, Administration & Reporting in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 Ofc of Sr VP-Institu Resources
8 AM-5 PM
The Manager of Investment Administration and Reporting is a key position which helps to manage the University’s investment activities. The position works closely with the internal investment office staff (most closely with the Manager of Investment Operations) and the University’s budget and financial reporting offices as well as with external firms including consultants, custodians, auditors and investment advisors.
Specific responsibilities include: monthly reconciliation of custodian bank statements to investment manager statements; monitoring and reconciling cash movements between investment managers, custodians and the University; preparation and processing of distribution and capital call notices for investment partnerships; verification of accuracy of transactions, including management fees; generating reports on asset allocation, performance and risk; maintaining supplemental performance measures for alternative investments; reviewing and distributing reports prepared by the custodian; assisting in in preparing reports for the University Board of Trustee Investment Committee and Executive Committee and other stakeholders; assisting in ensuring adherence to investment guidelines; assisting with the annual audit; preparing financial statement disclosures for investments (ASC 820); assisting with responses to surveys; performing related duties; and, assisting with projects as needed. Responsibilities also include cross training with the Manager of Investment Operations.
Desired qualifications of the successful candidate include:
- Previous experience in institutional investment administration (ideally gained within an endowment, pension or registered investment advisor).
- Experience in internal operations of an investment office.
- Integrity, common sense and superior intellect.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collegially in team-oriented office.
- Superior communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance and two years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Manager of Investment, Administration & Reporting
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 201473
Full/Part Time: Full-Time