University of Rochester Manager, Accounts Receivable-Extended Business Offices in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Patient Financial Services
Under general direction of the Director, PFS, and with significant latitude for independent judgment, the Manager, Accounts Receivable-Extended Business Offices (EBO) is responsible for managing the full life- cycle of all outsourced legacy insurance accounts receivable. The Manager is the primary contact for the EBO partners, and monitors cash and accounts receivable by vendor. Provides support for operations and direct supervision, guidance and coordination of the day to day activities of the hospital and professional EBO support team and on-site vendor staff. Develops and implements policies and procedures and assures compliance by the EBOs. In managing all responsibilities, the Manager seeks to continually improve the quality and customer responsiveness in every aspect of his/her responsibilities. This position also has a reporting line to the Director, Professional Revenue Cycle and the Manager of Patient Accounts for Highland Hospital.
Under general direction of the Director, PFS and with significant latitude for independent judgment:
- Acts as the primary contact to the EBOs to assure compliance with all UR policies and procedures.Assumes responsibility for the timely completion of duties and projects related to the outsourced legacy accounts receivable, including the routineanalysis and reporting, coordination of interdepartmental issues such as authorizations, medical record requests, operational assessments, support of billing operations, monitoring and reporting with PFS Director on write offs as needed.
- Acts as the primary resource and liaison for the Inpatient and Outpatient PFS A/R Managers, URMFGBilling leadership and departmental Revenue Cycle Managers regarding legacy a/r and related issues.Assure compliance with current processes to maintain consistency within the a/r from legacy to current.Assures that A/R Managers are advised of issues and remain involved with vendor performance and cash activities.
- Designs, develops and manages the EBO Support team and program within SMH PFS/HH PAO and URMFG to assure that all legacy claims are final billed and moving through the revenue cycle to the EBO partners on a timely basisDetermine staffing needs at onset, and on-going plan of transfer of staff to current URMedicine PFS and URMFG billing groups as legacy a/r is reduced.Tracks claims activity and overall a/r performance in accordance with contracts.
- Acts as the primary liaison with the ISD PM for the Outsourcing project; assuring continued connectivity, training, assistance with system sign-ons, etc.
- Performs all Human Resources-related duties as needed: hiring, performance evaluations, job functions and descriptions; address performance issues as needed.
- Reviews and approves vendor invoices as received.
Bachelor’s Degree with five years relevant experience including at least two at a managerial level, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to work in a team setting with all levels of management and staff.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Manager, Accounts Receivable-Extended Business Offices
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201371
Full/Part Time: Full-Time