University of Rochester Library Section Supervisor, Interlibrary Loan in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Patron Services
Manages River Campus Libraries including the Memorial Art Gallery, Colgate Rochester Divinity School and St. Bernard’s School of Theology and Ministry interlibrary loan services in support for campus teaching and learning. Provides oversight for all for borrowing, lending and document delivery request processing. Maintains thorough understanding and knowledge of the ILLiad (interlibrary loan system) client and associated addons. Provides ILLiad training and support for Q&i; staff and students. Supports on going Patron Services goals and operations at the departmental level, including supervision for 4.5 FTE and student staff. Collaborates with staff across the RCL to ensure consistent and high quality services.
Liaison with the BOCES program for students and young adults with developmental disabilities.
Leadership and Management: Interlibrary Loan Services
- Manages River Campus Libraries interlibrary loan/document delivery services.Promotes consistent standards for processing incoming requests
- Supervises the work of interlibrary loan support staff; assigns and delegates work
- Maintains procedural and training documentation
- Consistently improves and enhances interlibrary loan services and operations
- Communicates with library users regarding updates to the system and processing of requests
- Troubleshoots issues with ILLiad for staff and library user
- Provides cross-training for staff within Patron Services to ensure full, ongoing departmental operations (including borrowing/lending/document delivery services, interlibrary loan procedures and policies, mail operations, etc.)
Planning and Assessment
- Monitors emerging patron services trends specifically related to interlibrary loans and beyond
- Liaises with the IDS (Information Delivery Services) Project and East (Eastern Academic Scholars’ Trust) Interlibrary Loan Best Practices Group
- Evaluates and provides current interlibrary loan data to the RCL outreach librarians
- Assesses the effectiveness and impact of interlibrary loan services for the university community
- Uses interlibrary loan data for ongoing improvement of services
- Maintains currency with general library functions, resources, practices and procedures
- Participates in and contributes toward RCL and University committees, meetings and events
- Maintains professional collaborations with RCL colleagues and beyond
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years’ experience (prefer 3-4 years relevant work experience), or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated success in working with faculty, students and colleagues
- Self-starter who is flexible and open to new challenges
- User focused and committed to service excellence for all library users
- Dedicated commitment to service excellence
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in academic library support services, technologies and assessment
- Strong commitment to diversity
The University and the Library
The University of Rochester Libraries belongs to the Association of Research Libraries and has collections of more than three million volumes and more than 44,000 active serial titles. The River Campus Libraries, the largest of three library systems at the University of Rochester, is in the process of implementing the fourth year of a five-year transformational strategic plan. This provides a unique opportunity for incumbents to implement the strategies to achieve the Libraries vision of becoming a collaborative hub of innovation in support of the Schools we support. For more information on the University and the Libraries, please consult our website: www.library.rochester.edu.
The University of Rochester is the sixth largest private employer in New York State and one of the nation's leading private universities with just over 5,600 undergraduate and over 4,600 full and part-time graduate students on the River Campus. Located in Rochester, New York, the University gives students exceptional opportunities for interdisciplinary study and close collaboration with faculty through its unique cluster-based curriculum.
Among the 100 largest metropolitan regions in the country, Greater Rochester has earned a reputation as one of the most livable communities in the nation. Located on the southern shore of Lake Ontario and gateway to the scenic Finger Lakes, Rochester offers its 1.1 million residents the amenities of a metropolitan area with a quality of life not available in many urban regions.
Rochester is recognized as one of the most affordable housing markets in the country. Several high schools in the metropolitan area have been consistently listed by Newsweek as among the best in the country. The metropolitan area boasts 20,000 acres of parkland and offers year-round recreational opportunities for those who like to be outdoors in all seasons. In addition to hosting past PGA and Ryder cup tournaments and the LPGA tour, Rochester is also home to top-level minor league baseball, hockey, soccer, and lacrosse teams.
For more information about Rochester, see Visit Rochester
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE AT: http://www.rochester.edu/working/hr/jobs/
Applications will be accepted immediately and until the position is filled. Please apply online and send a letter of application, resume, and the names, address and phone numbers of three references to:
Kelley Kitrinos, Human Resources Manager
Rush Rhees Library, Box 270055
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627
E-mail address: RCLHR@library.rochester.edu
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
Job Title: Library Section Supervisor, Interlibrary Loan
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 202098
Full/Part Time: Full-Time