University of Rochester Lead PHM Analyst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 URMC PHM Informatics
The purpose of this position is to analyze problems, provide complex program specifications, develop or modify programs, assist in the scheduling of programming projects, and supervise the technical activities of assigned personnel for the Department of Population Health Informatics and Payment Innovation (PHM-IPI) at the University of Rochester Medical Center.
This individual will be working on claims, financial, clinical and other data sources, utilizing different research and business methodologies. S/he will be responsible for making recommendations regarding design as well as changes/revisions to procedures that accurately capture the data and information. This position requires the employee to strictly adhere to ethical standards of confidentiality of subject information at all times. The individual must also keep abreast of trends in field of interest by reading professional journals and attending meetings and seminars.
Under general guidance and with latitude for considerable judgment and initiative, responsibilities include the following, as well as other related duties:
- Responsible for advanced programming and statistical analyses of data using SAS or other analytical tools. This will involve oversight of writing programs and evaluating the output for problems, resolving the problems, reanalyzing the data, and presenting the results to the Department’s Senior Director and key stakeholders.Analyses will be performed at both scheduled intervals and on an ad hoc basis.
- Assigns and reviews the work of assigned personnel. Instructs personnel on established standards and provides technical knowledge and guidance to assure optimum efficiency and project progress.Programs difficult and complex parts of data analytics. Enforces standard program change policies and procedures, reviews test results, and insures that documentation is kept current and complete.
- Consults with key stakeholders to assess complex data preparation and management needs, programs design and testing; use of systems and software.Offers solutions and suggestions to provide optimum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Perform literature searches, organize and provide guidance and direction for variable creation and variables of interest related to analytics of population health. Is up-to-date with trends in the field and current industry standards which s/he is involved. Evaluates, writes, and/or makes recommendations on the development of new analysis procedures and protocols.
- Conducts planning meetings with Department’s Senior Director, staff and other key stakeholders to formulate the data analysis goals, ensure deliverables, determine appropriate strategies for data analysis, and evaluate data collecting methods and analysis systems to meet Department’s goals.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Information Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering; 4-5 years of related experience in a research/health care analytics environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate degree preferred. Strong background in SAS software package, and knowledge with STATA or an equivalent statistical software package are highly recommended.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Lead PHM Analyst
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 201773
Full/Part Time: Full-Time