University of Rochester Lead Customer Services Rep in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Support Operations-Fac & Svcs
6AM-2:30PM; POSS WKENDS/HOL
Receive telephone communication, monitor building automation alarm systems, create work orders and dispatch appropriate personnel via pager, telephone and/or radio. The Customer Service Center is a 24-hour, seven days a week operation responsible for all University of Rochester facilities, including Strong Memorial Hospital, Medical Center, River Campus, Properties, South Campus, Eastman School, Memorial Art Gallery, and other buildings.
Answering Service Calls
- Answer telephone, e-mail, and web-based service call requests from members of the university community.
- Answer service calls for Medical Center Environmental Services Department during evening and night shifts, all shifts during weekends, and other times as required.
- Answer calls on the “mechanic hot line” from mechanics and/or supervisors for support as needed.
- Answer service calls for Computer Support from Facilities community and dispatch to appropriate information technology staff.
- Answer calls from the Snow Emergency Hotline during winter months and update customers on the conditions of the lot/sidewalk maintenance.Dispatch to grounds crew as needed.
- Answer calls on the emergency response line during emergency exercises and actual emergencies.
- Answer calls for the UF&S; Daily Absence List.
- Answer routine, non-facilities related phone calls and queries from members of the University Community.
Monitoring Building Automation System
- Monitoring and interpret alarms (life safety, routine, etc) received on building automation system computer terminals.
- Review maintenance alarms continuously throughout shift and dispatch to the appropriate mechanic.Severity of alarm is based on a color coded system (i.e. red = life safety, pink = urgent, yellow = standard, blue & green = normal, orange = out of service)
- At the beginning of each shift, representative is responsible for reviewing electronic log of alarms received during that shift and the previous shift, reviewing the alarm log to make sure no calls were missed, and taking appropriate action for any alarms identified that were not dispatched.
Coordination of Office Staff
- Approves time off requests and creates office schedule
- Provides input to dispatchers performance evaluations
- Schedules weekend on-call rotation coverage
- Make sure the office staff have the necessary office supplies (ordering) and tools for their shift
Dispatching Service Calls
- Dispatch service calls via paging software system to appropriate personnel.
- Dispatch service calls via cellular phone.
- Enter service requests into FAMIS database system.
- Dispatch waste management service calls to University waste management vendor.
- Dispatch elevator service calls to elevator vendor via web-based system.
- Interact with Strong Memorial Hospital Page Office as necessary for issues surrounding life safety alarms; patient TV.
- Interact with University Security as necessary for life safety situations, emergency preparedness response issues or special alarms.
- Follow specific dispatching requirements that have been established for particular situation
Updating Internal Procedures
- Update weekend schedules in operations binders.
- Revises internal procedure manuals for office use.
- Communicates to dispatchers all information related to shift coverage.
Assists Supervisor of Operations
- Assist with day-to-day activities/operations in absence of Supervisor.
- Assist manager with alarm questions or customer inquiries.
- Records minutes for staff meetings.
- Perform preliminary interview for new candidates and makes recommendations to Supervisor.
- Trains new hires.
- Prepares new hires binders
Other related duties
- Review, internally post and communicate Facility Alert Notifications to the University community.
- Update service coverage electronically as needed.
- Review e-mails received in the Customer Service Center e-mail box periodically throughout the shift.Update based on information received.
- Update and post UF&S; Daily Absence Report.
- Notify senior management of any utility, fire or any other emergency situation.
- Insure that replacement representative is briefed on all ongoing situations during shift change.
Requires 1 year of relevant post High School education or equivalent and 1-2 years of related experience.
Excellent customer service skills required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in making decisions. Ability to identify and prioritize multiple calls based on severity of service call. Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. Computer skills needed: familiarity with Microsoft Office, database entry and retrieval, computer-based monitoring systems. Availability to work day, evening, night, weekend shifts and University Holidays as required. Normal color vision required to identify alarm conditions.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Lead Customer Services Rep
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 201700
Full/Part Time: Full-Time