University of Rochester Laboratory Technician IV (S) in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 079 Ctr Vaccine Biology & Immuno
8:30 AM-5 PM; WKENDS
Responsible for providing direct research support for multiple immunology research projects in the Yarovinsky Lab, Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology. We require a very well-organized and highly motivated individual who seeks to contribute substantially to the overall research mission of the lab. Must be able to work both independently and in support capacity with other lab members. The ideal candidate will be technically proficient and possess good critical, analytical and communication skills. Primary responsibilities are described below. Weekend work will be required at times, based upon experimental schedules. Interest and willingness to learn new techniques are an essential job component.
- Exercising responsibility for project performance and accountability for progress; and/or personally perform advanced scientific and medical research work, suggesting modifications to, or improvements in, design of research projects.
- Plan and coordinate assigned research projects, which may be limited as segment of larger project.
- Manage a mouse colony within the Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology. Includes record keeping, breeding and genotyping
- Construct, assemble, and operate experimental or other special designed laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Attend and participate in weekly lab meetings and relevant group meetings.
Associate's degree in appropriate discipline plus 4-5 years specialized experience in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in field of assignment and 1-2 years of experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Laboratory Technician IV (S)
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 203149
Full/Part Time: Full-Time