University of Rochester Laboratory Technician I (S) in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 073 Pathology & Lab Medicine
Under general direction from the Clinical Trials Project Manager, and with some latitude for independent judgment, supports daily activities providing service to clinical trials and clinical research projects for the clinical trials central laboratory (CTCL). Perform kit production, specimen receipt, report production and general clerical functions to support to CTCL staff and clinical trials and research projects. Follows specific specifications and communicates laboratory information and processes to internal and external customers. Communicates roadblocks and identifies opportunities for process improvement.
- Support Implementation of Research Studies and Clinical Trials.
- Initiate doctor, ward, and billing account set up requests.
- Enter project information into the Clin Axys II laboratory information system.
- Prepare and maintain customer files and documentation.
- Create custom requisitions and labels for research projects.
- Collaborate with laboratory supervisors and staff regarding specimen collection and processing instructions.
- Assist with development of procedures and instruction manuals.
Assist with necessary materials and documentation for projects.
- Build sample collection kits as needed.
- Print forms and labels required to identify samples submitted for testing.
- Compile laboratory manuals for investigators.
- Assemble study binders.
- Monitor inventory levels and communicate supply order requirements.
- Determine supply requirements for clinical trials projects and order materials as necessary.
Assist with Validation Projects
- Provide input to the development of validation test cases.
- Execute validation test cases as assigned.
- Contribute to validation summary report.
Other duties as assigned.
High school graduation with courses in sciences and mathematics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Laboratory Technician I (S)
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 201535
Full/Part Time: TAR