University of Rochester Insurance Collection Spec in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 008 Department of Neurosurgery
8 AM-4:30 PM
Responsible for resolving aged insurance accounts which have not been collected through billing and routine follow-up activities. Assesses payment probability to determine appropriate collection technique.
- Resolves unpaid insurance accounts which have not been paid/rejected within a predetermined period and are impeding the prompt resolution of A/R. This entails maintaining a detailed knowledge of insurance regulations and billing procedures which A/R, so as to rebill accounts correctly. Contacts are via correspondence, telephone or meeting with insurance representatives.
- If unable to resolve insurance problem with third-party insurance for any reason (lack of cooperation, etc.): Advises supervisor who has option of filing a formal complaint with state regulating commission and changes the account to a self-pay financial class, advising patient and responsible collection specialist.
- Documents all actions for both patient and University personnel and interact with ancillary areas to secure needed assistance/documentation to meet insurers' requirements.
- Responds to patient written and verbal inquiries. Responsibilities include utilizing and understanding CPT and ICD manuals, as well as other Neurosurgery coding materials.
- Maintains records for effective reporting on both daily and weekly basis.
- Responsible for special projects as needed and attending relevant meetings as required.
Associate's degree in Business Administration and 2 years of hospital patient accounting or consumer collections experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Insurance Collection Spec
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 203164
Full/Part Time: Full-Time