University of Rochester Information Analyst I in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Solid Organ Transplant SMH
Responsible for collection and submission of reliable data in databases maintained by the Division of Abdominal Transplantation and the American College of Surgeons Transplant Quality Improvement Program (ACS TransQIP) database; and analysis/interpretation of the data as indicated. Helps to conduct quality improvement projects by working with the clinical team to help them outline a project, gather and analyze data. Assisting to ensure the division is in compliance with governmental, departmental and hospital Quality Assurance regulations.
- Complete and accurate collection of preoperative, operative and postoperative data through the effective utilization of the EMR and other Hospital databases. Strictly adheres to the variable definitions.
- Demonstrates appropriate utilization of resources necessary for accurate and timely data entry into the program’s databases.
- Demonstrates applicability of the methodology and the reliability of definitions utilized by reviewers within the program through inter-rater reliability, (IIR) testing.
- Identifies areas for streamlining and process improvement in the data collection process.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the Division of Abdominal Transplant, Nursing, and other Hospital Departments.
- Contacts patients and/or families via telephone and/or written communications postoperatively for the purpose of identifying possible post-operative complications.
- Serves as an educational resource on the databases.
- Prepares reports utilizing the TransQIP databases as requested.
- Analyzes data to determine continuous and periodic quality improvements in concert with the transplant quality leadership team.
- Participates as an integral member of the Transplant Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement program. Attends quality meetings as requested.
- Participates in scheduled teleconferences with other surgical clinical nurse reviewers; and occasionally attends professional conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred.
- Prefer minimum of three year work experience in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Detail orientated with strong organizational and prioritization skills and ability to work independently under general guidance.
- Ability to complete surgical case reviewer initial, annual training modules and certification exam.
- Must possess ability to review/abstract relevant clinical data from medical records and manage/manipulate a large database.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have familiarity with database/statistical software, electronic spreadsheets, data systems/processing and research methodology.
- Medical terminology, computer and quality assurance background preferred.
- Must have ability to function with limited direction and demonstrate strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Information Analyst I
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202614
Full/Part Time: Full-Time