University of Rochester Human Subject Res Coord I in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Urology M&D;
8 AM-5 PM; OCC WKENDS/HOL
This individual will coordinate and manage different aspects of Department of Urology research and training including: a 3D printing laboratory where various simulations will be designed and assembled, a Simulation laboratory, subject study enrollment and surgery schedules with related activities of 3D laboratory, and coordination of, and attendance at, the simulations for data collection. Individual will assist Principal Investigator in conducting studies. Must have ability to perform multiple tasks independently on a daily basis, as well as to interface with multiple levels of Urology personnel to successfully complete assigned projects.
Study screening and enrollment
- Recruits and screens patients by reviewing patient database and/or office records for potential study candidates that meet the proposed protocol criteria.
- Develops and implements recruitment strategies and targets for potential study subjects.
- Enroll qualified subjects for studies at their pre-admission testing (PRAT) for surgical procedures
Coordination of patient-specific models
- Independently oversees production of patient-specific 3D model from patients’ imaging by 3D lab technicians.
- Independently oversee very time-sensitive delivery of model to surgeons
Coordination of surgical simulations
- Coordinates and attends simulation activity by surgeons to observe and collect data for studies
- Formulates new policies and procedures, where necessary, for effective implementation of full simulation process
- Collect and manage post-surgical outcome data for study analysis for improvement of surgical education and patient outcomes
- Prepare study materials for study visits.
- Follow Research Subject Review Board regulations and ensure compliance with institution requirements.
- Document and maintain all study forms electronically or in binders.
- Identify problems and potential issues in the implementation of the research study protocol.Recommend and implement solutions/revisions when required.
Study publications and presentations
- Performs statistical analysis for study data
- Provides written reports on research to contribute to publication.
- Networks with members of other departments, as needed, to meet requests for information regarding the Simulation processes.
- Keeps abreast of trends in field of interest by studying current research literature
Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience in human subject research coordination (2-3 years’ experience preferred); or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong communication and organizational skills required, as well as attention to detail, and effective problem solving. Knowledge of Word, Excel, eRecord, and data analysis software.
This individual must be able to work independently with very minimal supervision. Must be a flexible team player with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills. This position requires a flexible schedule due to the off-hour and variable demands of study.
Experience as Human Subject Research Coordinator preferred. Professional Research Coordinator Certification (i.e., SoCRA or ACRP) a plus. ENDNOTE, ImageJ, Photoshop, FileMaker PRO experience are also a plus.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Human Subject Res Coord I
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 201422
Full/Part Time: Full-Time