University of Rochester Holter Monitor Tech IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 094 Heart Station SMH
The Holter Technician provides coordination of all office services related to Holter monitors. While the major responsibility is to the high quality of patient studies and prompt turn-around of reporting, the Holter Technician is also tasked with managing the entire process to ensure prompt turn-around time for reports, as well as with monitoring and reviewing the costs associated with Holter monitoring. A personable, reliable, well-organized individual is required for this position. This person must be adept at communications with patients, clinical staff, and providers. A high degree of independence is exercised in this position. Experience with Holter scanning technology and applications is essential.
- Instruct both in-patient and out-patient Holter patients regarding the 24- or 48- hour procedure, give return instructions, etc. Explain purpose and completion of patient diary. Prepare skin sites and attach electrodes, complete and submit necessary paperwork including billing documentation.
- Log in all completed recorders. Prepare recorder for use on the next patient, washing all components between patients using proper Infection Control guidelines.
- Scan recording to identify and document all abnormal heart rhythms using a PC based system dedicated to the analysis of cardiac arrhythmias. Requires an extensive in-depth knowledge of cardiac rhythms, and complete and total attention since the playback is at high speed.
- Interpret complex rhythms that have been observed and documented, compose and type up report, then present to MD for over read. Confer with Cardiologist if necessary. Call ordering MD if results are significantly abnormal.
- Inventory and order all supplies. Prepare kits for each patient and provide to our off-site customers at Clinton Crossings.
Bachelor’s Degree with courses and/or technical training in electrocardiography or cardiac rhythm interpretation, and one to two years’ experience in Holter monitoring or related technical work environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Holter Monitor Tech IV
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202651
Full/Part Time: Full-Time