University of Rochester Health Project Coord in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Surgery- Cancer Control
8 AM-4:30 PM
To serve as coordinator for clinical trial activities in the Department of Surgery/Cancer Control and Survivorship Research Program. Under general guidance and with latitude for exercise of independent judgment coordinate patient enrollment, schedules, and care in clinical research studies for the Program. Plan, implement, coordinate, administer and evaluate the care for patients and their families enrolled in protocols of the Program. Maintain a working knowledge of cancer control clinical trial coordination by reviewing research literature, attending pertinent meetings and seminars, participate in the preparation of study documents and regulatory requirements.
Provide research support to multiple principal investigators and project coordinators on cancer control studies conducted at various Wilmot Cancer Institute off-site locations. Serve as liaison between study personnel, investigators, physicians, clinic staff, patients and their families in all phases of clinical research for the Program. Plan and execute required aspects of the research project working with the PI, other study coordinators, physicians and other health care professionals which may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the patient representative during development of studies and projects
- Screen and identify potential study patients by participating in multidisciplinary clinics and reviewing clinic schedules and consult materials
- Identify and provide for scheduling of study events for patients enrolled.
- Maintain patient data such as consent forms, letters, and appointment notices. Provide scheduling of study events for patients enrolled.
- Collect clinical data during all phases of care while patient is on study, i.e., medical record review, functional data, biological data; complete case report forms
- Review and evaluate patient data for statistical analysis
- Assist with study audits conducted by independent monitors and federal and governmental agencies.
- Assist with data analysis for long term projects.
- Monitor studies regularly for conformity with Unit, Cancer Center, University and CTO (Clinical Trials Office) standard operating procedures, and verify data ensuring compliance with requirements of the protocol and federal regulations.
Serve as point of contact for patients concerning study matters within the Wilmot Cancer Institute’s off-site locations. Maintain and prepare detailed documentation of treatment and follow-up of enrolled patients. Update documentation of patient procedures or data as they occur.
Assist with data analysis and preparation of materials for publication. Prepare and collate patient study information, status reports and updates as necessary for reporting on progress of patients enrolled in studies in order to accomplish a timely completion.
Coordinate appointments and correspondence with patients participating in studies. Collaborate with personnel in other departments and facilities to implement patient activities. Consult regularly with physicians and other health care professionals involved with patients enrolled in studies.
Participates in the preparation of study documents and regulatory approvals. Reviews and/or edits study documents. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a health related area and two to three years of clinical trials related experience. Excellent verbal and writing skills are required. Knowledge of computer databases, word processing, spreadsheets and graphics packages are important. Occasional evenings and weekends are required. Regular travel to off-site locations, requires reliable/efficient transportation.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Health Project Coord
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 202320
Full/Part Time: Full-Time