University of Rochester Health Clinic Technologist II in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 090 SON CNE Ctr Entrepreneurship
8 AM-4:30 PM
This is an on-going 10 month school year position based on the school calendar, no holidays/summers; schedule may vary slightly based on operational needs.
The general function of the Health Clinic Technologist II position is two-fold: 1) provide onsite management of individual students that present to the health center with health care related needs and 2) provide direct medical assistance to the Nurse Practitioners. This position will also have an active role in marketing strategies and outreach to students and parents at the School-Based Health center. Will work under the general guidance and direction of the Program Manager and attending NP.
Clinical Assistance to Nurse Practitioners
- Referral and preparation of students for evaluation by clinic providers.
- Obtains brief summary of student’s illness or complaint and records it in medical record.
- Provides first aid such as washing minor cuts and applying Band-Aids or providing ice packs as requested.
- Takes temperature, height, weight, blood pressure, heart rate and/or respiratory rate for students prior to them being seen by the clinicians. Documents all data in the medical record.
- Performs vision and hearing screens, and a complete set of vital signs and any ordered point of care testing to prepare students for complete physical examination visits.
- Disinfects all patient exam tables and clinic countertops at the end of every day and as needed during the day.
- Point of care laboratory testing and phlebotomy.
- Processing of lab specimens for pick up by SMH courier.
- Send appointment reminders and track down students who have missed appointments or follow up of specific students as directed by nurse practitioners.
- Performs daily quality control measures for onsite lab tests per SMH policy.
- Management of incoming phone calls to health center.
- Makes appointments as necessary for students.
- Medical record maintenance including scanning of records from outside resources.
- Ordering supplies, restocking clinic/office equipment.
- Assist Front Office staff as necessary for smooth clinic operations.
Community Outreach and Enrollment
- Provides general information and answers questions when new students present to the clinic.
- Enrollment of student in Health Center as the opportunity presents onsite.
High School Diploma and a 2 year college education leading to an Associate Degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Prefer Associate’s Degree in related health care field or Health Aide, Medical Assistant, or Certified Nursing Assistant. Experience in working with urban youth and their families, and facilitating resource utilization for youth and their families. Fluency in Spanish and English preferred. Ability to work with IBM compatible computer/printer hardware and software i.e., Microsoft Office Package, especially Excel required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Health Clinic Technologist II
Location: School of Nursing
Job ID: 202086
Full/Part Time: Full-Time