University of Rochester Guest Svcs Spec, SMH in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 006 Ambassador and Guest Services
The Guest Service Specialist (Ambassador) serves as an advocate and liaison for patients and visitors who enter the main lobby, patient discharge area and other portals as assigned. Guest Service Specialists provide excellent first and last impressions for all patients, families, and visitors. He/she must possess superb customer service skills and should be helpful and professional at all times. Ambassadors work inside as well as outside to accommodate our guests needs.
- Meets and greets guests, ascertains their needs and directs them accordingly. Provides assistance to entering and exiting vehicles and escorts guests to destination as needed. Interprets and enforces SMH policies to guests and staff including Smoking policy. Monitors and maintains traffic in circles with assistance of the Parking Department. Remains alert to emergency needs and responds as appropriate. Ensures, with the help of Transportation, that sufficient wheelchairs are available in main lobby as needed.
- Answers telephones and provides complete and accurate information about SMH and the Medical Center using computer and or written materials as well as personal knowledge while following established policies and using independent judgment and initiative. Maintains public transportation schedules and contacts taxis or appropriate transportation as requested. Maintains information about SMH, Medical Center, and University and nearby resources (hotels, churches restaurants, etc.). Acts as a concierge for guests.
- Provides assistance for patients, families, and visitors with the use of the Courtesy Cart, personal walking escort and wheel chairs
- Follows through on guest concerns by utilizing the ICARE values and Service Recovery process.
- Interfaces with Family Waiting Room volunteers and staff to assure accurate, timely information is available to guests. Receives and disseminates accurate, up to date, confidential information about surgical patients and those having procedures Acts as a resource and family advocate when Family Waiting Room is closed.
- Makes “walking rounds” throughout the Lobby to address any needs of our patients, families, and visitors.
- Provides support for Transportation during the Patient Discharge process to alleviate any wait time during the discharge process.
- Assists and works with the Parking Department and valet services.
- Provides support for University Telecommunications for the Loaner Pager Program. Provide loaner pagers and tracks pagers to ensure thee are pagers available for staff that may need a loaner pager for a fixed period of time.
- Receives and maintains items left at the Information Desk for pick up, notifies individuals or departments of item arrival, and contacts departments when items are not picked up. Maintains log of each item and when necessary delivers them.
- Works with Patient Unit Staff and Security to coordinate evening visitation utilizing the visitor management system.
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma and 2-3 years customer service related work experience. Bilingual skills are beneficial. Valid driver’s license.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Guest Svcs Spec, SMH
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202689
Full/Part Time: Full-Time