University of Rochester Green Reps Program Coordinator in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 001 Support Operations-Fac & Svcs
VARIES; POSS WKENDS/HOL
The Green Reps Program Coordinator is a part-time position (10 hours per week) responsible for supporting the Green Reps Program, an employee-engagement initiative. The program's ultimate goal is to encourage sustainable behaviors by employees across the University of Rochester. The position is responsible for developing communications and programming targeting the Green Reps network. This network of engaged individuals then disseminates relevant information and resources within their individual offices or divisions. The position, therefore, will interact with employees and leadership throughout the University, from its main campuses to its satellite locations.
With latitude for exercise of independent initiative and judgment, the Green Reps Program Coordinator works under the direction of the Sustainability Coordinator and the Green Reps Working Group, which reports to the University-wide Sustainability Council. The position acts as a program ambassador, so the ideal candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm, professionalism, and knowledge of the latest trends in sustainability.
To learn more about the Green Reps Program, visit http://www.rochester.edu/sustainability/greenreps/
- Develop, write, edit, and project manage the program’s monthly e-newsletter The Compost, as well as other program-related print, email, and web content.
- Grow the Green Reps program through coordination with Human Resources and organization of periodic recruitment events across the University.
- Organize quarterly programs to provide ongoing education and motivation for current Green Reps.
- Conduct outreach, training, and education to improve the visibility of the program.
- Support individual Green Reps to help them realize their departmental or divisional sustainability goals and initiatives.
- Grow the Green Reps Program, working with Human Resources to help recruit new University employees and retrain current members.
- Attend Sustainability Council meetings and create content on behalf of the Council as needed.
- Research peer programs for benchmarking purposes.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
College degree and one year of relevant administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and training. Computer and technical skills, including proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite. Strong organizational and time-management skills. Service-oriented disposition and ability to interact diplomatically with diverse constituencies. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to take initiative to help ensure the program’s growth and continued success. Excellent writing, analytical, and verbal communication skills with an understanding of the importance of sustainability to the University of Rochester. Administrative skills, including scheduling, planning, researching, budgeting, and problem solving. Ability to conduct internet-based research and keep pace with emerging technologies, including social media.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Green Reps Program Coordinator
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 201811
Full/Part Time: TAR