University of Rochester Financial Analyst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Solid Organ Transplant SMH
The Financial Analyst directs and plans the financial activity for the transplant program service line. Develop annual operating and capital budgets with input from the transplant administrator and the physician leadership of the service line. Monitor the fiscal position of the program accounts and oversee specialized and highly complex analysis of financial data. Develop and implement systems procedures related to the fiscal infrastructure. Maintain current knowledge of University policies regarding fiscal management.
Manage financial activities of the Transplant Service Line including faculty practice and hospital activities, including forecasting, accounting activities, analyzing, and interpreting data. Monitor the fiscal position of the service line. Monitor and analyze financial reports for staffing and non-staffing activities of the program from the perspective of the hospital, medical school, and URMFG. Provide financial analysis of revenue/expense for faculty practice, SMH and SMD accounts, providing insight into drivers for revenue and expense.
Produces advanced reporting and analysis to include:
- Integrated, enterprise-wide financial statements.
- Customizable reports to measure and report on the service line performance goal and objectives.
- Expanded dashboards, including integration of clinical and financial data.
- Financial analysis of revenue and expenses for faculty practice.
- Other ad hoc reports and analysis as needed.
Manage, in collaboration with transplant administrator, annual operating and capital budgets for submission to SMD finance, SMH Finance, and URMFG Finance. Prepare annual operating budget, including staffing and non-staffing budgets.
Manage ledger reconciliation process and variance reporting for all program budgets.
KPD Finances: become familiar with and understand the financial regulatory requirements surrounding paired kidney donation. Support staff processing KPD claims and assist in resolving issues surrounding claim payments and processing.
Acquire knowledge required to be familiar with the cost report. Ensure time studies are completed for the service line and ensure that data flows appropriately to the cost report staff in the finance department.
Develop and implement systems and procedures related to the financial infrastructure of the service line, ensuring that daily operations are consistent with University fiscal management requirements.
Maintain ongoing communication with service line leadership with regards to financial position of the service line. Work with leadership to correct negative financial trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field and 4 years of progressively responsible healthcare finance experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise with analytic office tools, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. Advanced experience using custom expressions, logic, and formulas (e.g. v-lookups, pivot tables, ‘IF’ statements). Advanced experience with data joins, key/primary fields, data filters, and experience with SQL methodology and Macros preferred.
- Expertise with self-serve Business Intelligence tools, such as Spotfire and/or Tableau. Experience data mining for research and identification of casual variances. Development of key operational/financial actions to improve performance based on data findings.
- Ability to communicate complex analytic methods and data-driven output in a simple and eloquent manner to key stakeholders.
- Team player with excellent organizational and management skills, motivation, and the ability to work independently. Proficiency in both verbal and written communication, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential material.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202718
Full/Part Time: Full-Time