University of Rochester Financial Acctg Spec in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 Program Administrators
8:30 AM-5 PM
The Health Home Financial Analyst will support all Health Home Care Management programs at UR Medicine by providing Health Home leaders and team members with accurate, detailed, and timely financial information. This is accomplished by researching and analyzing accounts, preparing financial statements, performing monthly reconciliations and maintaining related reports. Additional reports for regular distribution to stakeholders include clinical, operational, and utilization reporting and analyses to support decision making and to meet required metrics for health home and DSRIP.
As UR’s Health Home services expand across URMC and its affiliates, this role will be responsible for independently evaluating the evolving flow of information. As needed, the Health Home Financial Analyst will design smart systems for capturing new information and delivering it to stakeholders in a manner that is actionable.
Under general direction and with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative:
- Designs and prepares monthly financial statements and various schedules and statistical compilations for Health Home Program in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analyzes monthly expense and revenue variances with proper explanation to stakeholders.Provides detailed explanations and supporting data as needed.
- Identifies, researches and mitigates any issues found during the financial reporting process. Works closely with lead health homes (GRHHN, HHUNY) to remedy billing issues.
- Maintains current knowledge base and expertise relative to the technology and software used in Health Home financials, operations and data management functions, including but not limited to Netsmart Care Management Platform, BTQ Financial platform, Millin, eRecord and the NYS DOH Platforms (MAPP).
- Evaluates practice/department and care coordination needs in relation to current system(s).Recommends and participates in design, programming, and implementing reporting improvements to enhance management and decision support for Health Home care management functions.
- Designs, creates and utilize data marts and defines requirements related to practice/department needs for Health Home reporting. Creates customized reports to support practice/department operations and decision making.
- Provides data interpretation and trend analysis for Health Home stakeholders (GRHHN, HHUNY, Health Home Care Management staff at Strong Ties, Golisano Peds and UR Medicine Home Care, UR DSRIP Office, and Safety Net Practices with embedded Health Home Care Managers).
- Works effectively as part of a team to meet the goals and objectives of UR Medicine, NYS Health Home and the UR DSRIP Office. Works collaboratively with other members of the team to develop new skills and enhance individual and group performance.
- Develops detailed work plans for assigned projects and assesses progress.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years of financial and data analyst experience, preferably in health care. Strong planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills. A demonstrated ability to work independently including committing to and meeting deadlines, taking initiative, and exhibit excellent follow-through on tasks. Strong communications, including the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Financial Acctg Spec
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201481
Full/Part Time: Full-Time