University of Rochester Family Navigation Specialist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 OPD Pediatrics
8 HOUR SHIFTS BETWEEN 7:30AM-7:30PM; EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS AND SHIFTS AS NEEDED
The Family Navigation Specialist support families of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities to understand their child’s needs, navigate community-based system of care, and connect with family supports.
Oversee operations of East River Road Family Library
- Organizes family information and resources in the Family Library.Gathers information from families and health team on information and resource needs.Identifies print and electronic resources for families.Orders, prints, and organizes resources for efficient family use.Maintains organization and cleanliness of the library.
- Staffs the Family Library.Welcomes parents into the library and encourages them to utilize the resources.Meets with families, providing information, connecting them with resources, providing emotional support.
Oversee clinic wait area, attending to family and patient needs.
- Assists families in understanding and navigating educational, health, behavioral health, and community support systems of care.
- Communicates with/collaborates with DBP clinical team to facilitate optimal patient care.
- Oversees pediatric sensory calming room, facilitating safe entry and exit from the room, assuring appropriate patient utilization and parental supervision.
- Assists with cleaning and organizing of child materials in the waiting area.
Other duties as assigned.
High school education and three-four years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer 2 years of post-high school education and 3 years of work experience with demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision. Experience in the developmental disabilities field preferred.
- Strong verbal communication and written skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and families
- Respectful and possess cultural awareness and sensitivity, compassionate and understanding
- Able to build esteem while ensuring a safe and secure environment
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Family Navigation Specialist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201423
Full/Part Time: Full-Time