University of Rochester eRecord Clinical Analyst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Medical Center Info. Systems
8 AM-5 PM
The clinical analyst is a member of a cross-functional team where teamwork, collaboration, challenges and continuous learning are the norm. The primary responsibilities of the position include: recommending, planning, evaluating and translating clinical practice/operations into electronic content and workflows using the eRecord system for Strong Memorial (SMH) Hospital, Highland Hospital (HH) or Ambulatory care. The primary goals of this position include: improving operations, standardizing processes, gaining workflow efficiencies, and improving patient care. Other analyst attributes include: coordinating projects and activities, providing effective communications, and interacting with a diverse team as well as the Hospital and Medical Center management and staff. Must be very knowledgeable of organization’s policies, procedures, and clinical operations.
Ability to work independently and is self-directed in identifying changing demands and priorities.
Serves as primary build analyst for the eRecord system at HH, SMH and/or ambulatory care:
- Completes the functional design and build of the eRecord clinical system after successfully achieving (and maintaining) current Epic certification.Epic certification may require two to five weeks of training requiring travel.
- Performs in-depth analysis and facilitates development of integrated workflows.
- Collaborates with the project team, subject matter experts, training and technical teams to effect system changes that reflect an in-depth understanding of the business and end user requirements while also considering impact to integrated components and standardization.
- Manages all phases of assigned tasks/projects, meets established deadlines, and maintains flexibility while managing multiple priorities.
- Reviews requested enhancements; prioritizes and implements requested changes to the system.
- Collaborates to seek resolution of system issues or conflicts for points of integration while applying a broad knowledge of application, workflow and integration.
- Acts as a participant in the rapid run process for upgrades, coordinating the activities of their application level team including NOVA review, presentation to CA group, build and testing.
- Takes the initiative to identify and resolve complex issues. This includes independently executing creative solutions with minimal guidance.
- Utilizes issue tracking tools such as Sherlock and HEAT.
Participates in, and/or maintains standards for:
- System build to include following naming and numbering conventions and security classifications
- Clinical database/spreadsheets for the system build
- Change control—adhering to organizational policies and procedures
Provides guidance and mentoring for clinical customers and others on the team to include precepting emerging eRecord staff.
Demonstrates effective communication and problem solving skills. Works collaboratively with all project team members. Builds relationships and effectively communicates with the project team, key stakeholders, and physician practices.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred clinical experience (minimum of three years) in health care setting, preferably within HH, SMH or Ambulatory care.
- Possesses knowledge of clinics, physician practices, and/or hospital operations, procedures/functions and the relationships between them.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems, and develop critical thinking skills.
- Attend or lead meetings utilizing effective meeting management methodologies
- Strong communication, team work, and follow-up skills.
- Some familiarity with Meaningful Use (ARRA) as well as HIPAA, JCAHO and other regulations that impact clinical practice.
- Works to be an ICare Champion
- Displays a solid technical aptitude and has an understanding of computer systems and IT functions
- Skilled in using Microsoft software:Office, SharePoint
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: eRecord Clinical Analyst
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 201503
Full/Part Time: Full-Time