University of Rochester eRecord Application Coordinator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Info Systems SMH
8 AM-5 PM
Recommends, plans, executes and evaluates clinical information applications, systems and technologies for Strong Memorial (SMH) Hospital and Highland Hospital (HH) to facilitate the improvement of operations, the efficient use of resources and improved patient care. Must be very knowledgeable of organization’s policies, procedures, and business operations. Supervises assigned groups, projects and activities.
Under general direction and with latitude for independent judgment:
Serves as primary analyst for the clinical information system at HH and SMH. Completes the functional design and build of the clinical information system by obtaining and maintaining current Epic certification. Epic certification may require two to five weeks of training requiring travel. Manages all phases of assigned projects and coordinates personnel and other resources as required for the completion of the project.
This role differs from the Epic Application Analyst as follows:
- Be the primary support contact for the application
- Serve as the bridge between end users and the Epic implementation staff
- Help Epic staff understand our operational needs as we validate workflows and model system configuration
- Coordinate all issues that arise for their application area.
Functional job responsibilities include:
- Work with Epic representatives and URMC’s end users to ensure the system meets needs:
- Understand the choices involved in application specifications
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software
- Investigate preferred choices of end users
- Respond to Epic’s technical questions
- Analyze business operations
- Prioritize and implement requested changes to the system
- Analyze new functionality in new releases to determine how it should be used
- Populate databases for which they are the owner during the initial system build (assisted by the Epic implementation team)
- Review software
- Coordinate software updates and changes
- Review and test each new release
- Review requested enhancements
- Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs
- Prepare details of specifications as needed
- Analyze data conversion needs
- Ensure that data coming across an interface into their Epic application meets the business need
- Develop and document internal procedures to use in conjunction with Epic applications
- Set standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications
- Maintain rules for how each new version is released
- Follow established change control processes and procedures for the system
- Participate in training and work with end users
- Troubleshoot problems and questions from end users
- Work with report writers to ensure that your application has the necessary reports.
Develops integrated strategies and work plans. Manages completion of team activities as documented on the work plan. Directs and guides the activities of assigned staff, including recruitment, staffing decisions, performance evaluations and other personnel actions.
Demonstrates effective communication and problem solving skills to meet clinician and customer needs within resource constraints.
Participates in priority setting for Hospital and Medical Center cost and quality goals with regard to clinical information systems. Actively participates in departmental, hospital and medical center meetings and committees as assigned.
Coordinates activities with other clinical information systems technical and applications specialists and develops relationships with external experts to assure technically efficient and cost effective decisions regarding clinical information systems. Supports all project team members with application and information systems knowledge primary resource dedicated to designing, building, testing, and activating the application database.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience required. Minimum of 4-5 years clinical experience in health care setting, preferably within HH or SMH. Strong attention to detail, ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems, and developed critical thinking skills. Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues lists and work to a project plan. Strong communication skills and follow-up skills. Detail-oriented and a knack for probing for information to fully understand the underlying needs of the organization and user community.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: eRecord Application Coordinator
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202648
Full/Part Time: Full-Time