University of Rochester Epic/eRecord Optimization Project Director in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 056 Medical Center Info. Systems
8 AM-5 PM
Serve as enterprise-wide expert on IT applications and workflow resource and lead consultant to the eRecord Project, specifically focused on optimization of the Epic - eRecord environment. This optimization initiative encompasses workflow, team based practice approaches, provider satisfaction assessment, as well as enhancement of the eRecord build to meet the URMC practice needs. Recommends, plans, designs, executes and evaluates information applications & technology systems, specific to the eRecord practice domain. Works with department managers and staff to evaluate systems/ processes and automate eRecord workflows. Functions as a key liaison between the Physician Advisory Team (PAT) and the eRecord Physician Builder team and the eRecord Project Team. Provides in-depth analysis of the various User Requirements and develops both workflow, functional, and technical specifications as part of the process to enhance the user experience.
Under the general direction of the ISD eRecord Director, conforming to URMC policies but retaining significant latitude for independent judgment and initiative:
- Work with the URMC and URMFG eRecord user departments Project management teams on IT strategic planning.
- Develop, manage and communicate project plans to URMC departments and eRecord Project Team.
- Maintain communication between the above listed key customers and ISD to provide updates and information regarding technology issues related to the eRecord Project and liaison to the eRecord Project.
- Advise and coordinate development of business processes in relation to optimization initiatives and best practice use of the software applications.
- Acts as a key liaison to the URMC eRecord Provider Advisory Team (PAT) for capturing prioritization of optimization request.
- Acts as a key liaison to the URMC eRecord Physician Builder Team
- Coordinates various steps within project identifying dependencies and impediments
- Reports to management on progress/problems encountered with projects
- Recommends alternatives to “business as usual.”
- Leads fact gathering effort with users on projects
- Serves as primary software application & technical resource for systems he/she supports, including coordination of updates & managing change control process and documentation
- Maintains continuous open communication with primary users and project teams, including assists Project Team with implementation and deployment of new areas.
- Leads and/or actively participates in application project meetings with users, including design changes.
- Responsible for upkeep of documentation and system information.
- Performs quality assurance measures to maintain the integrity of the data entered on the system.
- Considers alternative approaches and recommends the "best" approach
- Maintain knowledge of eRecord work processes, information systems, applications, interfaces, databases, reports and enhancements to optimize the user departments’ successful operations
- Thoroughly resolve problems with appropriate communication to all pertinent staff in a clear and concise manner
- Advise key user departments on impact of information/automation system issues on department operations.
- Investigates new technologies and employs state-of-the-art tools that best meet a situation's needs
- Serves on committees and attends meetings as requested
- Ability to cover off-hour on-call pager for critical application support matters. (24/7)
- Attends seminars & classes to gain technical and/or functional knowledge to aid Hospital's information needs
- Follows departmental guidelines regarding time, project management, and time recording. Participates willingly and effectively in quality improvement projects.
- Follows all ISD administrative standards (such as, timely time sheet preparation, filling out time-off sheets, etc.)
- Adheres and subscribes to the ISD Values as stated in the Values Statement
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering; and 4-5 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- RN, NP, or PA strongly preferred.
- 4-5 years management level experience in a hospital’s clinical setting including or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years in a clinical operations role, direct patient care a major plus.
- Excellent aptitude for PC applications and Electronic Health Records
- Effective communication skills (oral presentation, listening, written)
- Project management experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to generate teamwork are essential.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Epic/eRecord Optimization Project Director
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 203435
Full/Part Time: Full-Time