University of Rochester Engagement Office Admin Mgr in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Ofc Sr Vice Pres Advancement
8 AM-5 PM; SOME WKENDS/HOL
Serve as a principal agent to the Associate VP, for Engagement and the Assistant VP for Alumni Relations, for Alumni Relations and any/all units under his/her management, provides office supervision and project management of various tasks such as prospect research, data integrity, and event protocol; assists with volunteer and donor communications for alumni regional volunteers and the leadership annual giving (GEC) volunteers. Acts as liaison between departments, deans, Office of the Senior Vice President and Chief Advancement Officer, and heads of departments in Advancement in managing specialized functions within Advancement. Develops and formats regular reports for the engagement division and provides project management and support for high level projects, including the Rochester Engagement Model. Act as a data support point person for the analytics, OASIS teams, and engagement division.
Manage several high-level projects in alumni relations and annual giving.
- This includes but is not limited to the Rochester Engagement Model, George Eastman Circle, and data integrity projects for the alumni database. Support newly expanded regional volunteer and club structure and to be formed national alumni board.
- Manages event data integrity for all of Advancement through monthly audits and reporting. Collaborates with Advancement partners to guarantee data accuracy.
- Manages the tracking and reporting of progress to goal of the Senior Gift Campaign, including the Student Organization Challenge. Acts as liaison between Class Programs and Gift and Donor Records.
- Serves as project partner for the newly-restructured Travel Club Program by being responsible for all data needs and event organization.
- Manages mailing lists for monthly and quarterly communication pieces sent to alumni.
- Planning events, volunteer meetings and trips for regional volunteer activity as needed.
- Entry of events and volunteerism into the database- this includes attendee lists and event details into the event module as needed.
Represents the AVP, Engagement and AVP of Alumni Relations in contacts with Advancement and University leadership, staff, chairs, faculty, trustees, donors, alumni, prospects, the press, and corporate and government officials. Maintains a high level of decision making and communication on behalf of both managers.
- Assists in managing volunteer and prospect activity. Advises on scheduling volunteer meetings and visits during regular meetings/discussions.
- Anticipates need from leadership, staff, and volunteers the need for appropriate background materials for effective decision making and meeting preparation. Proactively prepares and compiles background information needed in preparation for visits, meetings, and events. Arranges follow-up meetings, correspondence, and activities. Compiles, edits, and proofreads materials for correspondence, presentations, and publications. Prepares and/or assists with donor/volunteer contact reports and processing gift input forms. Compose, edit, and publish meeting minutes.
- Informs University leadership of new policies for all units.
- Relaying (and frequently anticipating) instructions, preferences, management concerns, and obtaining reports or recommendations. Assures that University officials and others concerned are informed of decisions.
- Responsible for organizing and compiling mid and final year business plans for Alumni Relations and Annual Giving.
Manages principal needs of the AVP, Engagement, AVP, Alumni Relations and other departments within the engagement division as assigned.
- Coordinates and participates in meetings associated with the various Advancement units. Prepares agenda and other meeting materials. Maintains and manages follow-up action items from meetings.
- Manages a 7 day electronic calendar for the AVP, Engagement choosing or recommending among competing demands on time, referring matters to be handled by others, and controlling access to managers.
- Manages travel and preparation of materials for the managers’ various business trips, which often consists of working with other Advancement and University leadership, chairs, faculty, trustees, donors, alumni, and prospects.
- Manages the operational office needs such as office space, supplies, equipment, facility requests, IT requests, and all other central services.
Co-manage Meliora Weekend headquarters while organizing two additional events during the highly-anticipated week.
Data management, running regular reports to keep AVPs updated on progress toward goals.
- Serve as data wrangler for the engagement division.
College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training. 1 year of relevant administrative experience. Prefer three or more years of related work experience, including at least three years in administrative capacity in an academic office or project management; or equivalent experience in business. High level skills with databases, Excel, and data manipulation. Proofreading and attention to detail, as well as the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Engagement Office Admin Mgr
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 202728
Full/Part Time: Full-Time