University of Rochester EEG Technologist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 092 SMH Epilepsy/EEG/EP
Develops a knowledge and understanding of basic electronics, general anatomy and physiology, neuroanatomy and physiology, clinical neurophysiology, and neurophysiological diagnostic procedures and protocols. Perform Electroencephalographic (EEG) recordings with required direct and/or indirect supervision as well as additional quality assurances and controls. As skill level increases; may perform complex neurophysiology procedures. Acts as a liaison between the electroencephalographer, physicians and senior technologists to coordinate, perform or provide technical assistance during complex and highly technical procedures.
- Performs routine and complex EEG¿ in the Neurophysiology Laboratory, inpatient units, neonate unit, intensive care units and the OR while in various stages of training and requiring additional direct and/or indirect supervision as well as additional quality assurances and controls. Demonstrates an understanding of the principles and methodology of neurophysiology procedures, including diagnostic procedures, calibration and maintenance of equipment and other related activities. With increased skill level, exercise a high degree of skill, judgement, and understanding of the principles and methodology of neurophysiology procedures.
- Participates in didactic and practical instruction, develops clinical skills, practice techniques, learn all NP lab operating procedures and protocols, and prepares for the American Board of Registration of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist (ABRET) EEG registration exam.
- Maintains an orderly and clean laboratory to ensure a safe work environment and the highest quality of patient care. Takes inventory and order supplies for his/her area.
- Takes on-call on rotation basis with other technologists. Participates in weekly and annual conferences and technical meetings. Presents topics as appropriate.
- Other related duties as required.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of clinical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. There is a requirement to obtain Certification by the American Board of Registration of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET) EEG registration within 3 years of employment within this position.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: EEG Technologist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201585
Full/Part Time: Full-Time