University of Rochester Director of Technical Infrastructure in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Neuro-Ctr Health & Tech/CTCC
8 AM-5 PM; OCC WKENDS
The Director of Technical Infrastructure will be responsible for maintaining and advancing the entire computer infrastructure that supports the Center for Human Experimental Therapeutics (CHET). This includes the Clinical Trial Management System(s) (CTMS) for executing clinical trials, the Electronic Data Capture System(s) (EDC) for receipt of data from clinics worldwide, and a variety of telemedicine applications for our neurologists to visit with patients virtually.
- Develop strategic vision for leveraging the latest technologies for all CHET research needs.
- Manage team of server and network administrators, and help troubleshoot technical problems as they arise.
- Plan and direct advanced systems administration and management tasks to support the proper functioning, organization, accessibility, and documentation of all computing solutions.
- Plan and direct database administration activities in support of the CTMS and EDC applications and custom developed clinical system applications to include: installation and maintenance (application of new versions/patches) of relational database management products; creation and management of user group profiles and end user account configuration, project database design modeling, and performance tuning; project dataset setup; project database connectivity; general query optimization; space management; capacity planning; back-up and recovery and security maintenance.
- Solicit feedback and lead a cross-functional team in developing requirements, investigation, and evaluating potential new CTMS and EDC solutions as required by the business.
- Lead the systems design efforts in association with extensions to the CTMS and EDC systems and/or custom developed clinical computing applications.
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of standards and procedures for change control, optimization, synchronization, replication, usage, monitoring, and upgrades.
- Coordinate with other CTCC System Administrator(s), third party application, system and database vendors to evaluate and assess the impact of the new technology releases on the CTMS and EDC computing environment/applications.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures for database and system with regard to security, monitoring, performance tuning, and change control.
- Develop and manage the validation plans for the installation qualification and operations qualification of the CTMS and EDC systems. Maintain all system level IQ validation documentation for these systems.
- Management of the CTMS and EDC Support Line.
- Oversee development of specialized custom computer applications/utilities and web sites in support of clinical operations conducted at the CTCC.
- Keep abreast of trends as they relate to the computer field by self-study by attending job related seminars, courses, or conferences which enhance personal development and strengthen the user service function.
- Perform other related duties, including presentation of seminars, software training materials, courses and instruction on computer services as required.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by Director of CTCC.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or Engineering; and 4-5 years of related experience with major hierarchical database or major rational database packages, communication and distributed systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with relational databases and applications (SQL Server, Oracle) required, as are skills in application development software documentation, change control, and testing methodologies. Experience in a regulated industry such as Pharmaceutical, Drug/Device Development or Financial Services strongly preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Director of Technical Infrastructure
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 202060
Full/Part Time: Full-Time