University of Rochester Dir Food & Nutrition Svcs in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 056 Program Administrators
Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates all aspects of the Food & Nutrition Services at Strong Memorial Hospital. Provides Comprehensive food and nutritional services to Medical Center patients, staff, students and visitors.
- Establishes and accomplishes departmental objectives consistent with those of SMH and URMC.
- Establishes policies and procedures to meet regulatory and professional standards of performance. Creates a work environment for employees that facilitate recruitment and retention of staff and high quality performance.
- Establishes operations standards, staffing and equipment needs. Provides direction to clinical services and educational programs including Cornell Dietetic Internship Program.
- Performs activities designed to achieve the hospital quality goals. Coordinates activities in conjunction with other departments to achieve high quality customer service and streamlined efficient systems that support the patient care mission.
- Insures compliance with applicable safety and sanitary regulations. Directs the preparation of the department budget (operating and capital), and plans for effective personnel utilization and analysis of expenditures in relation to volume of service provided.
- Continually identifies approaches to control and where possible reduce cost.
- Directs the department’s Quality Assurance Program.
- Coordinates the department’s recruitment, training and education functions, and participates in educational efforts with other departments.
- Conducts periodic operational assessments for all areas within the department. Develops and implements plan for departmental performance improvement based on ongoing assessment.
- Represents the department throughout the Medical Center and the community by participation in institutional, community and professional activities.
- Oversees, recommends and participates in all food service vendor selection, contract negotiation and administration within the University of Rochester Medical Center and offsite locations.
Master’s degree with specialization in Nutritional Services and/or Management and 5 years administrative experience in a health care facility; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Membership in the American Dietetic Association, Association for Healthcare Foodservice and registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Dir Food & Nutrition Svcs
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 203917
Full/Part Time: Full-Time