University of Rochester Digital Media Producer in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 Office of College Enrollment
8:30 AM-5 PM; OCC WKENDS/HOL
The Sr. Digital Media Producer blends the artistic and technical aspects of digital media production while working on exciting, thought-provoking, and challenging projects. The successful candidate will create videos from concept through post-production for marketing campaigns in support of the Division of College Enrollment and its mission. The Division of College Enrollment includes Admissions, Financial Aid, Pre-College Programs, Student Employment, Veteran and Military Family Services, and College Enrollment. Completing dozens of professional videos annually requires strong people skills, proficiency across many highly skilled technical areas relating to digital media production, frequent and extensive coordination of internal staff, external departments, and vendors.
The ideal appointee has the ability to exercise independent judgment and must demonstrate superior time and project management skills often choosing between conflicting and competing priorities. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a culturally diverse environment are essential. Demonstrated customer service experience that incorporates a global perspective along with a commitment to issues of diversity and the ability to work in a team setting with all levels of management, faculty, and staff is a must. A high level of proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite of products is required. The successful candidate is imaginative, independent, strategic, highly organized, self-motivated, and interested in the future of media and digital technology. Experience working in a University setting and interacting with college and high school students and their families is preferred. Must be willing to travel by automobile and be willing to work non-standard hours; nights, weekends, and some holidays may be required.
- With direction as to strategy, policy, and priorities, plan, establish goals, concept, theme, intended media outlet(s), target demographic(s), production timelines, and execution related to digital media content creation for communication campaigns in support of College Enrollment’s mission and goals.
- Secure shooting locations, talent, and all necessary equipment required for production.
- Manage and coordinate multiple production schedules between students, staff, internal, and external University departments.
- Anticipate circumstances that may arise during production and post production phases to allow for efficient content creation.
- Regulatory compliance acumen related to local, state, and federal laws, as well as University graphic and identity standards and protocol; ensuring the creative integrity of digital content.
- Accomplish media production using high-level expertise in all technical facets of field and studio media production, including but not limited to camera set-up and operation, studio and field lighting, audio mixing, steady cam and tracking systems, and additional production equipment.
- Effective communication and rapport with talent across all age and skill levels in a director capacity in order to acquire necessary footage based on project outlines and goals.
- Maintain a keen sense of the surrounding environment and ability to manipulate/adjust set-up as needed to maintain production integrity.
- Troubleshoot technical and logistical issues on the fly to ensure production needs and timelines are met.
- Create narratives utilizing exceptional storyteller skills with a high aptitude to stay within the intended concept.
- Utilize non-linear editing (NLE) post-production techniques and software such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro to produce high-quality media.
- Edit using advanced software and techniques including, but not limited to, Adobe After Effects, Color Grading, 3D Animation, Automated dialogue replacement (ADR)/audio manipulation, etc.
- Troubleshoot any and all technical issues that may arise during the post-production process in order to maintain concept, timeline, and project delivery schedule.
- Collaborate with several groups in College Enrollment and around the University in an effort to conceive, manage, and fine-tune online digital marketing strategy.
- Manage College Enrollment’s online video catalogues across multiple services and platforms such as web, mobile, tablet, YouTube and other online hosting services to ensure up to date content and appropriate campaign synergies.
- Collect and analyze descriptive analytics in order to drive future content decisions, such as: viewership trends and habits, target demographics, retention rates, public sentiment, etc.
- Engage students, faculty, and followers via current and emerging video media channels while staying within University communication guidelines and standards.
- Continued growth and development in the digital media and video communications domain through attendance at conferences, workshops, (etc.) as a participant, panelist, presenter, or moderator as needed to remain current in the field, to incorporate this knowledge into practice, and to determine and implement best practices.
- Maintain current with industry trends and possess the ability to learn new software/editing techniques.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in video production, communications, or related field. Advanced work in education communications, project management, and/or business is desired. Basic knowledge of HTML, Java, WordPress, and other video-based coding skills are a plus. Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is required.
COVER LETTER MUST BE PAGE ONE OF RESUME.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Digital Media Producer
Location: The College
Job ID: 203552
Full/Part Time: Full-Time