University of Rochester Desktop Administrator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 University IT / IS
8 AM-5 PM
Work collaboratively with team members to address security vulnerabilities, control network access, and provide general management of 35,000+ workstations. Responsibilities include ensuring secure desktop configurations, automating routine technical tasks, creating technical processes and procedures, software packaging and general systems management, and security project work.
Under general direction and with latitude for independent judgment and initiative:
- Create and maintain System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) packages and scripts for all 35,000+ managed workstations. Ensure that SCCM packages and scripts meet the requirements of IT Security projects. Work with the supervisor for the Systems Management group to prioritize development activities as needed. Adhere to established departmental standards and processes for change management when rolling out changes in production.
- Design solutions and consult with IT partners to manage group policies for Active Directory. Ensure that group policies are compliant with established IT Security policies at the University and Medical Center. Coordinate rollout of group policies with the IT Help Desk, desktop support, and othe end-user support groups.
- Maintain and optimize centralized imaging. Work collaboratively with team members to ensure that device images remain up-to-date and optimized for efficient deployment.
- Third-level problem resolution for other IT groups in University IT and ISD with a focus on Systems Management-related issues.
- Collaborate with Medical Center IT, academic IT, and other departmental IT support groups to promote the use of systems management tools.
- Hands-on desktop support as needed to support security projects and operations.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field.2-3 years of experience in technical support and system administration. Desire to learn new skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Customer service experience. Hospital or healthcare experience preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Desktop Administrator
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 201884
Full/Part Time: Full-Time