University of Rochester Dental Assistant (S) in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 026 EDC Highland Dental
EXACT HOURS TO BE DETERMINED
Assists and anticipates the needs of Dentists and Oral Surgeons with the provision of patient care; and assists in the coordination and operation of the Clinic.
- Provides assistance for Dentists, Specialty Practitioners and Oral Surgeons. Utilizes "four handed technique": working as a team with the Dentist, passes and receives instruments; retracts the patient's cheek or tongue, operates oral vacuum evacuating equipment and applies water and air to the field of operation.
- Maintains sterile environment. Anticipates armamentarium, specific equipment, material and supply needs for patient and provider. Initiates operatory preparation.
- Takes intra-oral, extra-oral, panorex radiographs. Anticipates diagnostic needs. Develops and mounts radiographs.
- Participates in the training of Dental Assistant students and orientation of Dental Assistants. Assists administrative staff in the orientation and evaluation of the General Practice Residents by providing feedback regarding their performance to the Medical Staff.
- Anticipates day to day activities, coordinating provider schedules to maintain a satisfactory level of responsiveness to patient needs. Considers and prepares for the complexity of each visit and/or procedure and the time frame required so that the patient schedule may be maintained or modified as needed.
- Maintains inventory of clinic equipment, instruments, and supplies and initiates requests for replacement and repairs.
- Maximizes room utilization through inventory, stocking, cleaning of operatories and daily preparation of dental units, cleans and sterilizes instruments after each case for use in the next procedure.
- Collects data for Quality Assurance and other departmental studies, i.e. spore testing of autoclaves, densitometer testing of the x-ray developer. Participates in departmental committees.
- Supports and assists in research: collects samples and assists with biopsies.
Graduate of a Dental Assistant Program accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Dental and Dental Auxiliary Education Program or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer 1 year experience as Dental Assistant or Operating Room experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Dental Assistant (S)
Location: Eastman Dental Center
Job ID: 202488
Full/Part Time: TAR