University of Rochester Dental Assistant (S) in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 026 Dentistry Urgent Care
8 AM-5 PM
Assists and anticipates the needs of dentists and post-doctoral residents with the provision of patient care at the Urgent Care Center.
- Chair side dental assisting for faculty and post-doctoral residents.Anticipates armamentarium, specific equipment, material and supply needs for the patient and provider.
- Expose, develop, mount and label x-rays. Duplicate radiographs, as needed. Document in system.
- Clean and sterilize instruments, maintain orderly and sanitary work environment.Clean and maintain equipment, autoclave, chairs, cabinets, traps, suctions and floors.
- Assists in the timely preparation of pertinent forms, reports, and documents.Accurately manages health history input into system.
- Anticipates day to day activities, coordinating with all other staff to maintain a satisfactory level of responsiveness to patient needs.Considers and prepares for the complexity of each visit and/or procedure and the time frame required so that the Clinic/Patient schedule may be maintained or modified as needed.
Education and Experience:
Graduate of an accredited school of dental assisting or comparable experience required. Prefer one year experience as a dental assistant. Ability to speak Spanish desirable, but not required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Dental Assistant (S)
Location: Eastman Dental Center
Job ID: 201471
Full/Part Time: TAR