University of Rochester Dental Assistant - Licensed in Rochester, New York
Full Time 37.5 hours Grade 028 EIOH Community Dentistry
8:30 AM-5 PM
Participate in the daily operations of the Community Dentistry Department, providing chair side assistance to care providers. Job duties are but not limited to maintaining operatory, instruments, and supplies in accordance with the policies and procedures of the department. Provides exemplary customer service to patients and care providers.
- Assist in chair side procedures including sterilization and lab areas.
- Take and mount digital radiograph, clean and maintain chairs, cabinets, traps, suctions and floors.
- Clean and sterilize instruments, maintain orderly and sanitary work environment. Represent the Community Dentistry Department on EDC Infection Control Committee activities, as appointed.
- Assist in the timely preparation of all forms, reports, and documents.
- Participate in CE courses or any other clinic program activities as necessary or required.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent, graduate of an accredited school of dental assisting or comparable experience required, three years’ experience as dental assistant, one year dental assistant in Strong Memorial Hospital. Ability to speak Spanish is desirable, but not required. Must be licensed by NYS. Must have own vehicle and ability to travel to various locations throughout the Rochester area.
Ability to work well with children and adult patients. Ability to work and interact in a culturally diverse environment. Ability to follow through with paperwork. Ability to have a flexible schedule. Accountability for assigned responsibilities and tasks.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Dental Assistant - Licensed
Location: Eastman Dental Center
Job ID: 202052
Full/Part Time: Full-Time