University of Rochester Data Control Clerk II in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Surgery- Cancer Control
Responsible for process and flow of all data for multi-site, multi-project research program and for several local studies; handles computer input/output of information.
- Interacts with data managers and study personnel, as well as on-site study coordinators to arrange data collection methods.Logs all incoming research data for multiple studies, reviews for accuracy and completeness, determines if data queries are necessary, directs data to appropriate data entry clerk.
- Works with faculty investigators to design/create scannable (Teleform™) versions of study questionnaires and creates Access databases for data to be scanned into.
- Supervises assembly of study packets and scanning and auditing of data.
- Abstracts demographic and treatment information, as necessary, from research subject charts and transcribes onto scannable forms.
- Prepares weekly site-specific progress reports and summaries of data; utilizing electronic mail, sends daily queries to off-site locations for clarification or missing data; reports study progress to local research team on weekly basis.
- Assists in designing/preparing study packets for patients, data submission cover sheets, required reports for NIH and RSRB, and other study-related items as necessary, e.g.,pharmacy manuals, training manuals.
- Responsible for daily maintenance and ordering supplies for Xerox Document Center.
- Analyzes and suggests improvements in flow of information, error detection/correction, etc, works closely with faculty in developing appropriate data handling procedures for each research project.
Requires 1 year of relevant post High School education or equivalent and 1-2 years of related experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Data Control Clerk II
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 201361
Full/Part Time: Full-Time