University of Rochester Clinical Nutrition Manager in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Food & Nutrition Svcs-Staff
VARIES; OCC WKENDS/HOL
Supervises, manages and directs all functions related to clinical nutrition. Directly supervises clinical staff and diet office clerks and technicians at Strong Memorial Hospital.
- Supervises and monitors clinical area procedures to assure compliance with hospital and departmental policies. Supervises and manages all clinical nutrition staff and daily activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of computerized systems as they relate to CBORD, Diet Analysis and E-Record.
- Serves as assistant in developing and monitoring the clinical services Quality Improvement Program.
- Participates in departmental and hospital management staff activities as directed by the Chief Clinical Dietitian.
- Plans and coordinates ongoing in service education for diet office, diet technicians and clinical staff.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures to assure appropriate clinical nutritional care for all URMC/SMH patients.
- Manages the automated functions of the diet office, along with the department IT Analyst assisting with technical support as needed.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with hospital staff.
- Participates in Continuing Education programs and reviews pertinent nutrition education literature.
- Assists with the development and implementation of the computer program. Provides education for computer system to appropriate individuals in conjunction with department IT Analyst.
- Advises production staff on recipe development and appropriate methods of food preparation and service for patients specific to restricted diets
- Supports departmental programs to monitor and improve patient satisfaction.
- Serves as department representative on pertinent hospital committees as directed by the Chief Clinical Dietitian.
- Coordinates completion of performance evaluations of all clinical staff in conjunction with the Chief Dietitian.
- Maintains required records and statistics. Coordinates staff meetings and journal clubs.
- Assists with development of the annual budget in the areas of special foods, staff labor, educational materials, and other areas as assigned by the Chief Clinical Dietitian.
- Completes disciplinary action and recommends discharge of subordinate staff when necessary.
- Reviews and/or maintains time/attendance records of subordinate staff, including staff scheduling.
- Hires and evaluates diet office and diet tech personnel in cooperation with Chief Clinical Dietitian.
- Assists in the review, revision, or purchase of all nutrition education materials.
Bachelor's degree in Food and Nutrition from an ADA approved program and 3-5 years experience in clinical management in an acute health care facility; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Nutrition management experience preferred.
Current and up to date licensure or registration required. Master’s degree in nutrition or related field preferred. Active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Clinical Nutrition Manager
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201591
Full/Part Time: Full-Time