University of Rochester Child Life Asst, SMH in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 089 OPD Pediatrics
The Child Life Assistant provides care and support to children in the Kids Club through promoting a playful environment in which children are able to engage in age-appropriate play opportunities.
- Provide developmentally-appropriate play opportunities for pediatric outpatients and their siblings in the Kids Club. Maintain and monitor the safety of children while providing a child-friendly environment.
- Provide group and individual activities that promote play.
- Promote children’s normal growth and development.
- Share behavioral observations with heath care team.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Assure toys, books, and child materials are clean and in good repair.
- Assist families throughout the waiting area experience.
- Assist in the supervision of volunteers in the Kids Club.
- Perform administrative tasks.
- Complete daily statistical forms.
- Assist in the maintenance of pediatric testing materials and exam room toys.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School graduate with experience working with children and/or adolescents; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years post high school education preferred. Prefer two years post-high school education in human services field. Experience working with children with developmental and behavioral challenges strongly preferred. Past experience in a licensed child care center strongly preferred. Strong verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively with children and families. Respectful and possess cultural awareness and sensitivity. Able to build esteem while ensuring a safe and secure environment.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Child Life Asst, SMH
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202626
Full/Part Time: TAR