University of Rochester Asst Supvr Logistics,Clin Labs in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 031 Clin Labs Courier Services
Under the direction of the Courier Services Supervisor and with the ability to work independently, oversee all daily operational aspects of the Courier Services department, including drivers, couriers, customer report deliveries, and customer laboratory supply deliveries. Work closely with Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine supervisors and Outreach Account managers to ensure that customer expectations are met. Provide technical expertise, daily operational oversight, feedback, and training to personnel. Assume full accountability for customer service and service delivery by fully participating in a culture of process improvement and teamwork. Responsible for all departmental operations in the absence of the supervisor.
- Oversee the daily operations of the department, providing operational direction and technical guidance to staff, ensuring technical and professional performance of employees. Prepare work schedules and maintain accurate and updated procedures.
- Oversee the daily performance of the work leader, drivers, and couriers, and provide direct feedback and support to these individuals. Ensure that individual technical and professional performance of employees meets expectations. Assist with hiring, performance management, and payroll.
- Coordinate daily scheduling, route coverage, and vehicle maintenance.
- Oversee the investigation of client issues with the appropriate individuals. Coordinate effectively with supervisor and manager to provide customer feedback, and work to identify root causes of issues.
- Participate in Quality Assurance initiatives and departmental statistics.
- Work with supervisor to plan for and accomplish departmental and organizational goals. Promote and support a positive team environment within the department, and possess exemplary customer service skills.
- Continually asses all work processes and make suggestions to supervisor for improved work methods and ways to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and solve operational problems.
- Perform other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Associate’s degree with 3-4 years of operations experience, including 1-2 years of supervisory or demonstrated leadership experience; or an equivalent combination of educations and experience. Familiarity with PC’s and software applications. Valid NYS driver’s license required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Asst Supvr Logistics,Clin Labs
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202376
Full/Part Time: Full-Time