University of Rochester Asst. Dir of Adv. URMC Patient & Family Giving in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Ofc Sr Vice Pres Advancement
8 AM-5 PM; SOME WKENDS/HOL
The Assistant Director reports to the Associate Director of Advancement, Highland and Patient and Family Giving and is responsible for identifying, cultivating and soliciting gifts between $7,500 and $100,000 for clinical, facility, education and research opportunities at the University of Rochester Medical Center. Their primary prospect pool will be patients and their families who have had an experience at URMC facilities. The Assistant Director will work both independently and in concert with University Advancement colleagues, Medical Center leadership, URMC Special Patient Services staff, and URMC volunteers to strategize, solicit and steward annual gift donors and engage individual prospects.
In conjunction with the Associate Director and appropriate University Advancement colleagues, they will develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate and solicit philanthropic gifts to the University of Rochester Medical Center, following all HIPAA regulations. Participates in and/or represents the Medical Center at events as needed. Assistant Director will qualify and develop a portfolio of prospects, number of prospects to be determined with Associate Director. Assistant Director will work with management to determine appropriate metrics for prospect contacts and visits, solicitations, dollars raised and other measures of gift officer performance with an emphasis on major gift prospect qualification and leadership annual giving support. Progress against metrics will be measured throughout the year.
With broad latitude for independent judgment, and in coordination with the Associate Director and URMC Advancement team, the Assistant Director will:
Identify, meet, qualify, cultivate and solicit potential donors
- Qualifies newly identified prospects through personal visits
- Contacts prospects to set up personal visits, develops a visit plan to travel locally on behalf of the URMC to identify, solicit and cultivate donors and prospects.
- Maintains regular contact with qualified prospects through visits, correspondence, and personal calls to cultivate, solicit and steward.Ensures appropriate donor recognition for gifts/donors.
Actively uses OASIS and MAS systems in identification of prospects, event attendees, and donors. Prepares contact reports following visits and events. Prepares progress reports as required by the Associate Director.
Partnering and working closely with patients, Program Medical Director, SMH and HH Directors, department chairs, hospital staff, nursing staff, Nurse Managers, Director’s offices, key physicians of all areas throughout UR Medicine to build positive and productive relationships
Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director.
Bachelor’s degree and at least four years of relevant experience, or the equivalent. Development or alumni relations experience at a university, college, or health care setting is preferred.
- Confidently and comfortably communicate by phone, with the ability to make a large volume of calls
- Plan, implement, and analyze a prospect qualification program
- Ability and willingness to travel in the Rochester region; evening and weekend work when required.
- Work effectively with a wide variety of constituents, including patients and their families, physicians, board members, volunteers, and advancement colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication and organization skills
- Empathy and discretion when working with sensitive situations
- Positive attitude and strong sense of personal responsibility and work ethic
- Must have working knowledge of excel, power point and word processing.
- Ability to work in a large team and complex environment.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Asst. Dir of Adv. URMC Patient & Family Giving
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 201965
Full/Part Time: Full-Time