University of Rochester Asst. Dir E-Solicitations & Young Alumni Giving in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Ofc Sr Vice Pres Advancement
8 AM-5 PM; SOME WKENDS/HOL
With considerable latitude and room for independent judgement, develop and implement an entire strategic plan and budget for e-Solicitations, Young Alumni outreach, Crowdfunding, and overall e-Initiatives for Annual Giving Programs (AGP). While keeping current with trends in the industry, direct daily maintenance of Annual Giving website and online presence, social media, email outreach, crowdfunding programs, and all weekly stewardship through email to meet the overall development plan. Serve as a main contact point for Annual Giving online initiatives, and approve and assist in developing strategies for other departments.
- In conjunction with the Executive director, the Director of Academic and Medical Programs, and in collaboration with Digital Strategies and Communications, create customized, tactical digital strategies for all unit annual fundraising goals across Annual Giving Programs, including AGP-focused schools/units/departments/hospitals, the George Eastman Circle, OneRochester, Reunion, and Parents Program project. Keep track of the budget and make decisions on if the strategies are fiscally possible.
- Strategize and implement Young Alumni annual giving campaign for digital and direct mail, phone, social, and other mediums to meet donor participation goals. Work in collaboration with partners across Advancement, and closely with Director of Academic Direct Mail program. Ensure appropriate stewardship for Young Alumni.
- Organize, create, and maintain Crowdfunding projects for Advancement, while working with all University and Medical Center partners on various digital fundraising initiatives. Build/maintain relationships with various University and Medical Center partners that can help communicate AGP marketing needs and strategize how they can impact the overall campaign goals.
- Make decisions on marketing communications and solicitation emails to represent the University to current and potential donors. Help create and upload written communication for letters and direct email copy. Control pictures, graphs, format, and information to be included in solicitations. Upload central e-Newsletters when needed. Help with basic graphic design when needed. Maintain the email and Young Alumni portion of the overall AGP solicitation calendar.
- Serve as liaison within AGP for online initiatives, as well as between AGP and Advancement, with authority to direct toward final goals. Maintain a budget for all potential projects. Work closely with writer and design teams in order to meet deadlines for solicitation execution. Develop and test new approaches (e.g. Crowdfunding). Analyze the program data results throughout the year to achieve goals. Collaborate with graphic design when needed for online, print, social medic, and email marketing materials.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree, as well as four years of professional experience, preferably in marketing and/or fundraising. Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe create products, as well as iModules, is desired. Candidate must be well organized, possess excellent communication skills (oral and written), and follow through with tasks; must be able to work within a complex organization. Must also have the ability to take initiative on projects and stay updated on ever-changing technology and marketing strategies to be able to apply toward the Advancement office.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Asst. Dir E-Solicitations & Young Alumni Giving
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 202505
Full/Part Time: Full-Time