University of Rochester Associate Director of Recruitment in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Simon Grad Sch OSE
Function as the Recruitment officer for the Simon School’s Part-Time and Executive Masters and MBA Programs. Develop and manage the recruitment program for Professional Evening MBA, EMBA, and other programs as determined. Develop a recruiting strategy, implement plan, and track/evaluate results. Market Simon programs to groups and individuals and conduct informational interviews and follow up to pre-applicants.
With considerable latitude to exercise independent judgment and decision making:
- Execute a recruitment strategy (outreach and marketing plan) for regional programs. Accountable for recruiting goals of both the size and quality of applicants for above-mentioned programs.
- Conduct pre-applicant outreach to M.S. and M.B.A. candidates including direct mail, email, and phone calls through data-mining, CRM reporting, and other available tools.
- Make formal group presentations at both on-campus recruitment events and off-campus programs.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries related to Simon School admission.
- Implement plan to contact applicants through phone, email, and social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Travel for recruitment purposes and professional development opportunities.
- Conduct admission interviews and informational interviews.
- Articulate the financial return on investment and options available for financing the programs.
- Make recommendations to admissions committee regarding applicant admission decisions.
- Communicate admissions decisions to appropriate departments and in the systems to generate communications and kick-off onboarding processes.
- Participate in on-boarding and orientation processes in support of the programs as needed.
- Submit detailed reports on recruitment activities, including ROI data, and initiate use of data for ongoing enhancements to recruiting strategy and management decisions – including budget allocations for admissions and marketing.
- Forecast enrollment trends, likelihood of prospect conversion, and applicant yield, via sophisticated modeling and statistical tools.
- Research and write reports for program assessment.
- Assist in identifying web-based or print-based collateral that will aid in conversion of prospect to applicant.
- Remain current on marketing tactics to raise visibility and interest in Simon programs – including but not limited to: website, blogs, online message boards, and social media.
- Analyze best practices regarding recruitment; study trends in recruitment practices.
- Keep current on developments within the Simon School (programs, research, awards, rankings, placements, alumni news, marketing, etc.).
- Promote, as an effective member of the Office of Student Engagement-Executive and Part-time Programs team, our vision and values, and create a positive experience for both prospective and current students.
- Provide front-line support in answering student questions and elevate issues to the program director and other appropriate contacts.
- Provide support as needed to the program director and other team members.
- Provide on-site support as needed for class weekends and events hosted by the Office of Student Engagement and the Executive and Part-time Programs team.
Bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years of experience in admissions or related field required (5-7 years’ experience preferred); or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s work/degree and working knowledge of M.B.A. and M.S. Business programs helpful. Excellent communications, conversational, task management, and follow-up skills required. Highly motivated, proactive, and resourceful team player. Ability to operate independently to achieve tasks required, yet willing to take direction. Understanding of social media tools used by working professionals. Competency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint in particular). Familiarity with website design tools and CRM (e.g. Hobsons) desirable. Weekends and evening hours required to support program needs. Valid NYS motor vehicle license.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Associate Director of Recruitment
Location: Simon Grad School Business
Job ID: 202067
Full/Part Time: Full-Time