University of Rochester Assistant Registrar in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Simon Grad Sch Admis/Reg
Responsible for the integrity and maintenance of all aspects of the student academic record from the point of admission, progressing through registration, program and enrollment changes, verification of enrollment activity, degree posting, diploma preparation, graduation, and transcript production. Respond to faculty, staff and students regarding school policies and procedures. Assure efficient and accurate delivery of Registrar’s Office functions.
- Respond to phone, e-mail and in-person inquiries from students, faculty, administrators, and staff and outside agencies regarding: academic issues, registration, billing, course scheduling and graduation requirements.This requires a thorough knowledge of the Darden student records system and the University of Rochester Integrated Student Information System (ISIS).Understanding of state and federal (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act FERPA) regulations as they pertain to the student records.
- Maintain academic records for all students past and present. Process registrations, biographic data, address,program changes, withdraws, declines, course substitutions/waivers and grade changes. Executes general and specific registrar functions as they pertain to the maintenance, integrity and confidentiality of the official academic record in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Monitor data uploads between Darden and ISIS. Correct discrepancies from daily error reports. Understand how all transactions are recorded in ISIS. Compose and send maintenance requests to Simon Technology Services to find resolution to system errors. Participate in the evaluation and testing of updates and enhancements to Darden and ISIS.
- Coordinate pre-registration of new and returning students for select programs. Work closely with faculty regarding class cohorts and course schedules for the upcoming quarter.
- Process loan deferments and enrollment verifications for loan agencies, healthcare insurers and employers.
- Liaison with the Bursar’s Office regarding student accounts. Research and resolve billing issues. Requires extensive knowledge of tuition codes and fees associated with various programs, financial holds and the refund policy.
- Back-up to classroom scheduling through the University’s Event Management System for academic classes, final exams, make-up classes and review sessions.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to: administrator Take 21/22 courses, notify students who do not meet immunization requirements in conjunction with University Health Service, post transfer credit, coordinate the transfer of records from the Admissions Office. Manage all activities related to graduation clearance. Produce transcripts and prepare degree audit reports detailing the student’s progress toward meeting degree requirements, generate graduation lists and mailings. Make adjustments to audit reports based on Faculty approved substitutions, waivers and transfer credit. Resolve academic issues related to degree completion, maintain graduation data in Darden (Simon Student Information System) and ISIS (University System) and track late graduates and others with special circumstances. Advise students of degree and concentration requirements and course prerequisites. Consult with the Associate Dean on curriculum matters. Prepare diplomas for distribution. Participate in meetings and provide feedback as the University transisiton to a new student records system. Perform other related registrar activities.
- Interpret academic policies and procedures for faculty, staff, students and administration.
- Liaison with faculty assistants, faculty, University Registrar’s Office, Bursar, Financial Aid, International Services Office, Simon Technology Services andOffice of Student Engagement relative to registration, scheduling issues, policies, procedures and timelines. Assistant Registrar must maintain an integral knowledge of two very dynamic student records systems including the ability to communicate the complexities of the registration and grading systems.
College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training. 1 year of relevant administrative experience. Prefer three to five years’ experience within an academically oriented environment, preferably in a Registrar's Office. Experience with student systems. Efficiently and effectively handle a variety of multiple tasks. Detail-oriented and analytical. Critically evaluate complex issues and make sound decisions. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and external parties.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Assistant Registrar
Location: Simon Grad School Business
Job ID: 201421
Full/Part Time: Full-Time