University of Rochester Assistant Director, Student Services in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 Simon Grad Sch Business Admin
Responsible for the support and coordination of program and student activities for the Office of Student Engagement. Manage event registration process, logistics and event budgets. Co-coordinate orientation, residency week logistics, guest lectures, commencement plans and other special events. Assist in communicating initiatives for campus-based events, current student activities – including but not limited to invitations, newsletters, social media and post-event communications. Plays a key support role to student clubs and organizations, including the communication, finance and process management.
*Specific Responsibilities: *
- Pro-actively plan, schedule and coordinate all logistical aspects (including RSVP list, pre-/post-meeting, checklist, reminders, catering, nametags, gifts) for club, school, and program events throughout the year. In additional to ongoing school year events, a specific focus on planning and execution will be the support of our orientation programs for incoming students.
- Responsible for coordinating facilities/room reservations/and floor/event layouts.
- Schedule necessary meetings within and across departments to ensure that speakers are confirmed, student volunteers are assigned, and pre-event deadlines are met.
- Manage vendor relationships – on both an annual and ongoing basis, including price negotiation, resolution of customer service concerns.
- Ability to manage multiple events at a time, and manage both short range and long range planning for event success.
- Attend all events and serve as on-site team lead providing direction and oversight to create a flawless experience for prospective or admitted students and their guests.
- Coordinate post-event feedback from internal team and attendee surveys for future planning and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate ability to build strong working relationship with on-campus constituents and off-campus partners.
- Manage event budget details and payments; track event expenses and reimbursements.
- Responsible for monthly budget process support.
- Assist in creation and implementation of student newsletters.
- Facilitate communication of student events through multiple channels.
- Ensure distribution lists are up-to-date for student communications.
- Source and create pre-planned and live content – (articles, images, photography, infographics) for the Executive and Part-time programs across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms where applicable.
- Interact with followers across social media platforms to increase engagement among current students, alumni, prospects and the larger University and Rochester community.
- Track analytics and adjust processes based upon results.
- Participate in cross-functional team for social media visibility.
CRM and Online Management
- Use CRM to create and manage events, communications, and follow up.
- Utilize CRM to ensure adequate student/prospect communications among team members.
- Add and manage campaigns to assess ongoing effectiveness of events.
- Create and maintain reports for recruiting activities.
- Maintains events on relevant webpages, proactively updates and tests for accuracy and effectiveness.
Club Program Advising and Support
- Central oversight for club leader inquiries, related to budget status.
- Document and provide online resource page for club events so that club leaders can manage logistics themselves.
- Ensure students have access and training for Simon School processes, including calendar, budget, vendor contacts.
- Coordinate processes for club leader transition, including communications, event management and tracking.
- Plan and implement club leader professional development seminars/meetings.
- Advise and manage student clubs with planning and evaluating events for their intellectual, social, cultural and recreational benefit.
- Advise and manage clubs with program planning, contracts and club finances.
- Assist in making contacts and accommodating visitors for lectures and other activities in professional, social and cultural fields.
- Encourage development of new club projects by providing guidance and help in business plan development.
Graduation from college or an equivalent combination of experience and training. 3 years of related work experience including at least 1 year in an administrative capacity in an academic office or project management, or the equivalent experience in business. Familiarity with Rochester and surrounding region, graduate education market (as student or employee) and University of Rochester programs desirable. Excellent English grammar and conversational skills. Excellent attention to detail and solid business processes, including project management. Highly motivated, proactive and resourceful team player. Understanding of social media tools used by working professionals. Competency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint in particular). Familiarity with website design tools and CRM (e.g., Hobsons) if possible. Self-starter yet willing to take direction. Willing to work weekends and evening events.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Assistant Director, Student Services
Location: Simon Grad School Business
Job ID: 201355
Full/Part Time: Full-Time