University of Rochester Assistant Director, Student Engagement in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Ofc Sr Vice Pres Advancement
8 AM-5 PM; SOME WKENDS/HOL
The Assistant Director of Class Programs will work primarily on student engagement programs/events and the senior class gift campaign. S/he works directly with students, including management of the Student Alumni Ambassadors, alumni, Advancement, and Student Affairs colleagues.
Student Programs & Senior Class Gift Campaign
- Design and implement a five ½-year “curriculum” of programs and events, which engage students and reinforce lifelong connectedness to the University including but not limited to the Candlelight Ceremony, Senior Alumni Welcome Brunch, and philanthropic educational events.
- Increase the quantity and develop the quality of alumni engagement and alumni relations messaging both through the existing class identity “milestone” programs and student-alumni networking events, as well as strengthen collaborative partnerships within undergraduate student affairs to create additional opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relevant, creative and, when possible interactive, and effective e-mail, social media “announcements” and other methods of promoting events, programs, and the value of engagement of students.
- Partner with advancement staff to identify and increase the number of new student volunteers to engage and steward them toward future giving.
- Build relationships with the Senior Class Council and the Office of the Dean of Students to engage, educate, and raise awareness of senior class gift and philanthropy at the University of Rochester.
- The Senior Class Gift Campaign may include managing a volunteer committee and designing a creative and collaborative plan for raising participation level.
- Drive strategy with the Associate Director for relevant and effective web pages, printed mailings, e-mail messages, and other vehicles to promote the Senior Class Gift Campaign.
- Responsible for operating plans, class giving reports and analysis of class campaign performance on a regular basis particularly as it relates to Annual Fund goals.
Student Alumni Ambassadors Advisor
- Manage the recruitment, orientation, training, and involvement of a dedicated committee of 35 undergraduate student volunteers organized as the Student Alumni Ambassadors (SAA).
- Coordinate and supervise SAA involvement in planning and implementing campus programs that engage students, reinforce class identity and lifelong connectedness to the University, and forge student-alumni connections.
- Collaborate with Advancement colleagues to identify additional opportunities for involvement with University leadership, alumni prospects, and donors.
- Coordinate regular group meetings, set goals and monitor activity level of members, and develop program and communications plans for events and logistics.
- Manage logistics for Meliora Weekend activities, as assigned. Events may include reunion dinners, student activities, campus-wide events, athletics events, or VIP events.
- Additional events may be included based on magnitude of the specific event and availability.
- Field miscellaneous inquiries from students and alumni.
- May occasionally supervise student or temporary staff.
- Work closely with other Advancement staff to engage existing prospects in student engagement.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by the Director & Associate Director of Class Programs.
Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred, 4-5 years development experience in UR or other university setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good communication skills, including direct interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with volunteers preferred.
- A personal belief in mission, goals and objectives of private higher education.
- Ability to work as a member of a team to accomplish objectives.
- Occasional travel; some evening and weekend work.
- Experience with computer technologies and sophisticated software applications.
- A general knowledge of institutional fundraising is also preferred.
- Willingness to promote philanthropy for the University.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Assistant Director, Student Engagement
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 201418
Full/Part Time: Full-Time